There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Saying "some cops are bastards" or "some people have bastardized Christianity for personal gain or as a means of legitimizing their bigotries" doesn't have the same punch to it though.

Institutionalized bullshit brings out, and for the most part requires, an extreme reaction.

That's certainly one way to look at it...but I'd wager that there are fewer people willing to listen to someone who is specifically swinging for that shock factor than there are people who would listen to someone presenting a well formed and well articulated point. The only thing radicalism attracts is other radicals, which, as you can guess are almost always going to be in the minority.

Generalizations of the sort being made by you (and Trump/Hillary for that matter) make you seem less educated than I know any of you actually are, and makes me have no faith in your (and their) decision making skills. It just saddens me to know that people who know better regularly make these kind of statements.

18 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

taxation is theft. the shrinking middle class gets hit the hardest.

It's not and the shrinking middle class gets hit the hardest BECAUSE OF PIECES OF SHIT LIKE TRUMP

Under his tax plan him and his family will receive billions in tax cuts. He's not a candidate of the people. He is a candidate of the person, himself.

8 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It's not and the shrinking middle class gets hit the hardest BECAUSE OF PIECES OF SHIT LIKE TRUMP

It's the state that gives the extremely wealthy tax breaks, they don't just opt out of paying as much as they exploit loopholes that aren't options for the average joe American taxpayer (I.E. forced  to pay with prison being the only other option).

I don't have a problem with tax breaks, as long as EVERYONE can get them when/if they need them. I'm still very much of the camp that says fuck paying taxes completely- privatize the police force, education system, and health care so it doesn't suck so bad/isn't so expensive.

And keeping them goverment controlled is working great? Have you ever been to the DMV? You know why it sucks right? This can be equated to the police you rally against. If their livelihood was on the line do you think they'd treat victims of rape as non-issues or be so willing to use aggressive force against citizens on a whim? You can't have it both ways dude.

I've never really had a bad experience at the DMV.

Privitization would make everything bad about the police even fucking worse. We need reform. Privitization is a libertarian wet dream and nothing else. You can't see past paying less taxes to see how fucking horrible an idea privitization is. Have you heard about private prisons? They're a list of human rights violations a mile long. For profit schools are a fucking scam (not just Trump's school either).

Human greed is too rampant to leave these things to the free market. Things are broken, but that's not how to fix them.

You act as if you've lived in a truly free market, it's precious. For-profit prisions wouldn't have inmates if we didn't constantly lock people up for non-violent crimes. You blame greed, yet fail to realize that people can't exploit greed unless theu have a leg up (which is what the government does for all this shit you claim to hate). Reformation isn't going to do anything except blown more funds so the system can fail yet again in another way.

Do you even have actual ideas or do all your principles lay solely upon bullshit talking points the far left has tricked you into thinking are important? It sucks that you get super passionate about being right, but not about exploring other opinions and ideas. Like Randy said, you're a smart guy, but you're also stubborn as all hell.

12 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Under his tax plan him and his family will receive billions in tax cuts. He's not a candidate of the people. He is a candidate of the person, himself.

taxation is theft. period. a group of people steal the money of others and lock them up if they don't comply. it's basically armed robbery. also your statement is ignorant as hell. politicians are responsible for the shrinking middle class and trump has never been in office.

under his tax plan, EVERY tax paying person in america will pay less in taxes. billionaires and all the big corporations use other countries as tax havens to reduce their tax liability because the rates in the united states are too damn high. tax law needs desperate reform and it's time for the middle class to stop getting disproportionately screwed.

Taxation is totally theft. You are smart not to pay them. A lot of rich people don't pay taxes and a lot of poor people don't pay taxes. It's mostly the middle class that picks up the slack. It's not fair but that is the system that has been set up. Set up by the government, mind you. Tax breaks for businesses and corporations would actually do really good. I'm not talking about huge fortune 500 companies that don't pay any taxes to begin with, but small and medium sized companies of which there are many. These are the people that provide the high paying jobs everyone is wanting. 

What does the government spend your tax dollars on? Do you really think that the government should be running hospitals and healthcare? That is a joke. Look at the VA. Private schools already exist and are so much better than public schools. If you want more hard evidence look no further than the USPS. That is something we all should agree is awful. The USPS is totally unique in that it is a government run business that is supposed to get funding through revenue, just like any other typical business. The USPS, however, is subject to strict government regulations and oversight. Therefore it should be no surprise that it has the worst and least reliable service and loses hundreds of millions of dollars each year. Do you feel good that your hard earned money goes to fund that money losing behemoth?

Don't trust the government and don't trust the media. The media is supposed to be a thorn in the side of politicians. Instead, they are buddies who craft interviews, messages, and can easily shift public opinion. Have you ever heard the saying, if you say something enough times eventually it will become true? Beware. I'm super cereal. 

13 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Here's the thing...I know and agree with that. But the bad is overwhelming. The bad is what influences the masses and in turn can affect government. If every Christian was like "We need to help each other out. We need to help provide for the sick and the poor. Corporations and banks are evil and not out for the greater good" that would be dope. That's not the way it is. The "church" has been corrupted as a whole for centuries. The right has been exploiting the "Christain conservative base" for as long as I've been aware of the world. 

I disagree with all organized religions on a very fundamental level, but I support people's right to their religious faith. It's just that faith has been exploited and the church should have zero influence on anything outside of the literal church.

Bro, religious people are the overwhelmingly nice and more often than not, are the very people who go out of their way to "help each other out". All banks and corporations are not evil either. That is ridiculous. You are lumping together things you don't like/understand and blaming them for what you see is all of the world's problems. Not cool. 

19 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

Bro, religious people are the overwhelmingly nice and more often than not, are the very people who go out of their way to "help each other out". All banks and corporations are not evil either. That is ridiculous. You are lumping together things you don't like/understand and blaming them for what you see is all of the world's problems. Not cool. 

You think taxation is theft and criminals who don't pay their taxes are smart. Youre acting like the politicians who destroyed the middle class didn't do so for the benefit of corporations and billionaires fucking paying them to do it. 

All of this is wrong.

19 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

You think taxation is theft and criminals who don't pay their taxes are smart. Youre acting like the politicians who destroyed the middle class didn't do so for the benefit of corporations and billionaires fucking paying them to do it. 

All of this is wrong.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

All of this is wrong.

All of this is wrong.

I didn't say anything about criminals not paying taxes. For real? You can legally get out of paying taxes. 

Politicians didn't destroy the middle class. Don't give them that much credit for doing anything. Manufacturing jobs left the county for cheap labor overseas and our economy shifted and became heavily reliant on providing services rather than producing goods. The middle class was totally dependent on manufacturing jobs and other types of skilled labor that actually paid livable wages. Now the middle class is forced to work shit jobs for shit pay which in turn negatively impacts lower income people. All the while paying 40 percent of their paycheck to federal fuck me in the ass taxes. 

Edited by tipyourbartender

Do people really think that things like roads, schools, and security can only be provided by our all powerful and all knowing federal government? It's not true. Federal income tax hasn't been around forever, only the last 100 or so years. It is not required for you to have good schools or safe roads. That is a myth. The power of the federal government and the 1% is a myth. You, the people, have the real power. Don't ever forget it. 

Everything you learned is a lie designed to keep you from true power.  You CAN stop paying taxes, call women fat when they don't reply to your texts within a few minutes, and be regarded as the smartest guy in her life.  She will say yes and she will realize that you are a nice, intelligent, strong guy and deserve to be loved.  THEY are the real bigots.  CROOKillary Clinton is the most corrupt candidate in political history.  where are the emails thank you ~ rds

politicians destroy the middle class for the benefits of themselves. do you not remember the giant lobbying scandal with jack abramoff that exposed how corrupt congress is? there was so much corruption and so many people involved, that it was a huge catalyst for citizen's united, which pretty much legalized bribery and allowed record "donations" (aka bribes) to influence our political system. during investigation, it was found that politicians were creating laws and handing out exclusive gov contracts for paltry sums of money, breaking the law for things as stupid as golf trips and vacations. fuck trump for all the stupid shit he's said, but christ, open your eyes. hillary clinton is the establishment candidate, the lobbyist's candidate, the special interests candidate, receiving more money from billionaires, wall st, hedge funds, mega corps, and foreign governments (who stone women and throw gays off of buildings) than any candidate in the history of US politics, which is exactly what's wrong with our current system of government. even obama said about hillary, "she will say anything and change nothing." it amazes me how easily people fall for her constant pandering just because she says nice things, thinking that somehow she will help you, even though she's beholden to the people who have given her over $500,000,000 (yes, you read that correctly - $500 MILLION!!!) for her campaign. it's the .01% who are funding hillary clinton and they will make sure they get a return on their investment. this would happen at the detriment of the american people. trump is a better candidate, johnson is a better candidate, hell, even stein is a better candidate.

23 minutes ago, rds said:

Everything you learned is a lie designed to keep you from true power.  You CAN stop paying taxes, call women fat when they don't reply to your texts within a few minutes, and be regarded as the smartest guy in her life.  She will say yes and she will realize that you are a nice, intelligent, strong guy and deserve to be loved.  THEY are the real bigots.  CROOKillary Clinton is the most corrupt candidate in political history.  where are the emails thank you ~ rds

damn you are dumb as hell. just had to say that. i'll go back to ignoring you again for now.

how's this for hypocrisy: the new york times pays nothing in corporate taxes. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffreydorfman/2016/01/31/new-york-times-hypocrisy-on-corporate-taxes-reaches-record-high/#f4e2df965775

this is relevant because they are owned by time warner, who owns/operates CNN, HBO (john oliver), politifact, and the washington post. all of whom constantly bash trump for trying to pay less in taxes. LOL.

Edited by WAXXX

All of this is wrong.

Are you under the impression that rich corporations and billionaires are working with politicians to systematically destroy the middle class of America? I swear I am trying to have a constructive argument here because I think a lot of people think this. 

Rich corporations and billionaires infect politicians through lobbying efforts, which are protected under free speech. You are well within your right to organize an effort to influence and sway legislature to your liking. There are many well known philanthropists who give out large sums of cash to influence legislature in America and abroad. Don't let the opposition outwork you and outsmart you. 

I can't really defend banks, especially national banks. They are too big to operate properly with the right amount of oversight. Don't rely on the government to save you. Have you ever heard that This American Life episode with Federal Reserve agent? They are cowering in fear of big bad Wall Street. It's like sending in a kitten to attack a wolf. Vote with your money. Don't do business with the types of banks that commit egregious fraud on their own customers or launder money for terrorists. Invest your money elsewhere or you may be forever stuck in a cycle of debt. That is their business model.  

The point is rich people didn't team up with politicians to destroy middle America. Middle America took a beating mostly because of economic trends and competition with cheap manufacturing. Middle America is still here, always has been, working harder than ever despite the odds to support their families and send their children to college. They aren't deplorable, or super predators or people who still live in their parent's basement. American's kick ass.

UPS is ok, but not ideal. FedEx is fucking garbage and I won't even order something if that's the only shipping method. I've received thousands of packages from USPS over the last couple decades and had maybe one or two actual problems.

USPS really needs to fix their fucking app tho. Most USPS problems are on a local level and my local offices are usually dope.

Also, I'd say there's no "Fucking UPS" threads because this is a vinyl forum and pretty much everyone is shipping Media Mail.