There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

I think the Republican party is a better fit for you if you have a problem with the most wealthy paying higher taxes or people having discussions about race relations.  Those issues are very very low priority for conservatives, if they acknowledge them at all.  Clinton's unprecedented, illegal, immoral corruption aside, I would think that you'd still be unhappy with parts of the Democrtraic platform based on your previous post.

My biggest problem with Trump is that he is extremely insecure. He lies about the most ridiculous shit like having the best memory in the world, or being good enough to be a pro golfer, or that he wasn't sniffling. We all heard it! Maybe his debate mic smells really, really good? Even his pussy grabbing talk is him trying to impress that other douche bag with how rich and popular he thinks he is. I know people who have the exact same personality. He looks like he is genuinely speaking for the people who make up his base. I've disliked and distrusted the government and the media for my entire life and Trump is giving a big fuck you to all of them. I respect the hell out of him for that. 

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

The fact that he's genuinely speaking for his base is the scariest and worst part.

I've known a lot of egotistical compulsive liars who are massively insecure. I wouldn't trust them managing a TGI Fridays, let alone literally any political office. 

It really is ridiculous how you can just overlook Hillary's faults. 

18 hours ago, rds said:

I think the Republican party is a better fit for you if you have a problem with the most wealthy paying higher taxes or people having discussions about race relations.  Those issues are very very low priority for conservatives, if they acknowledge them at all.  Clinton's unprecedented, illegal, immoral corruption aside, I would think that you'd still be unhappy with parts of the Democrtraic platform based on your previous post.

I'm not a Republican but that's absurd. What IS very low priority for conservatives (mind you, Republican does not automatically equal conservative) is having a discussion about race within the lens that nearly everything in place in the United States oppresses minorities (think "the system") and when the conversation exists with terms of "privilege". As I conservative I reject those premises.  If you think the Democrats are helping the oppressed, however you define oppression, you've bought their biggest lie and took it as gospel. 

Edited by FlippingOut

Both main candidates are terrible, and are incredibly dangerous for the future of our nation. Sure, most of what they preach will never be enacted, but it's still dangerous. Trump brings out the worst in people and plays on our nations fears, insecurities and racism. If he is elected I feel like such problems will get worse. Hilary Clinton is just a terrible, terrible person.

I say we finally give Ralph Nader a shot. He's ran for what, 30ish years? I know he's like 80, but let's give him a shot.

1 hour ago, FlippingOut said:

I'm not a Republican but that's absurd. What IS very low priority for conservatives (mind you, Republican does not automatically equal conservative) is having a discussion about race within the lens that nearly everything in place in the United States oppresses minorities (think "the system") and when the conversation exists with terms of "privilege". As I conservative I reject those premises.  If you think the Democrats are helping the oppressed, however you define oppression, you've bought their biggest lie and took it as gospel. 

Your rejection of those premises, which are some of the core components of the discussion, is what I mean by viewing a topic as low priority or not acknowledging it as something that needs to be addressed and worked on.  If you don't think that systematic racism is real or that privilege is real, doesn't that mean that a topic built around addressing systematic racism and privilege is a low priority for you politically?  Wouldn't you gravitate toward a platform that focuses more attention on other things?

Edited by rds

2 hours ago, rds said:

Your rejection of those premises, which are some of the core components of the discussion, is what I mean by viewing a topic as low priority or not acknowledging it as something that needs to be addressed and worked on.  If you don't think that systematic racism is real or that privilege is real, doesn't that mean that a topic built around addressing systematic racism and privilege is a low priority for you politically?  Wouldn't you gravitate toward a platform that focuses more attention on other things?

I suppose it depends, honestly. I don't have a problem with a discussion about race relations in the US, or whether the wealthy pay enough taxes or the like, out of hand. What I am objecting to is the premise of these topics, not the topics themselves. Do I think there are some police officers deserve to be in jail for the rest of their lives because of their actions? Absolutely. I don't live in a world where all cops are saints. Likewise, I don't live in a world where the minority is always the victim either (just as a very quick example). I would say race relations/income distribution is a low priority when the starting point is is based on the assumptions mentioned beforehand - I actually think those are important discussions to have because it relates to to liberty, personal responsibility, power of the State (State = police, institutions in general) and the appropriateness of each.

4 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

It really is ridiculous how you can just overlook Hillary's faults. 

I'm not in here with the "I'm with her!" bullshit.  I've said time and again I'm not happy about Clinton.  A Trump presidency would be a terrifying disaster. A Clinton presidency will be same shit different day. Less than ideal, but the Bern fizzled out and I just want Trump to crawl back under a rock.

7 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

If you say race relations is low on a priority list...you're white.  Don't get me wrong I'm white too, but I work in the inner city of St Louis and see the problems in my daily life.  This is not something that should be low on anyone's priority list.  

Non-whites can adopt that mindset/perspective too.  There are minorities who are Republican or libertarian leaning and believe that race issues boil down to individuals who are whining instead of taking personal accountability for their lot in life and individuals who need to just comply with police.  I had to sit through a speech from a libertarian talk show host at a school who was black and believed that black lives matter was the worst thing to happen to black Americans in the modern era and that there is no such thing as systematic racism.

Looping back, I don't think it's controversial or inaccurate or accusatory to say that race issues are a low priority to more conservative voters. I think it's just an observation.  Yes, there is some negative connotations given to that perspective by the 'other side' but I don't think acknowledging the perspective is in and of itself an attack or accusation.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm not in here with the "I'm with her!" bullshit.  I've said time and again I'm not happy about Clinton.  A Trump presidency would be a terrifying disaster. A Clinton presidency will be same shit different day. Less than ideal, but the Bern fizzled out and I just want Trump to crawl back under a rock.

Yep.  Bernie was my first choice.  I've sucked it up and am voting for the best available candidate instead of trying to take down the entire election process with a retaliatory anarchy vote for Trump.  I know that doesn't describe everyone but that is what it feels like when I see people who were hardcore Bern-heads switch their allegiance to the orange shambling corpse of America's dignity. thank you ~ Wanna-be John Oliver

56 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I don't know, this administration and Hillary are always blaming Russia for stuff. Obama is meeting with his advisors today to see what they can do about Russia. It seems the Left is adamant to start war with Russia. 

Was just coming in here to say this. Russia has pulled all its foreign diplomats home. Shit's closer than you think right now.

2 hours ago, Sasan said:

Pretty sure that WWIII is close if he'd become president...fortunately, it's not going to happen

oh god not this again.

who's perpetuating shit like this? is it john oliver types? i'm guessing it has to be some form of media i abstain from. it's very disappointing to see that people don't realize that if hillary is elected, then war with russia and other powers in the middle east is guaranteed. the obama administration has already approved hundreds of millions of dollars in US arms deals to saudi arabia, who have been raging war with their neighbors in yemen. just the other day, US forces initiated missile strikes in yemen. hillary's boner has never been so hard to start bombing the shit out of russia and overthrow the syrian government.