There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

1 hour ago, jerseydave77 said:

I'll take the new Michael Moore doc on Donald Trump instead. At least I can laugh while thinking of all the delusional people that believe a man who has jumped is own manufacturing around the globe so he only has to pay workers 33cents an hour because the $1.30 in Honduras was too much will somehow grow a fucking pair and worry about them achieving the middle class American Dream instead of how he can make a few more pennies. 

OCTOBER SURPRISE!!!!!

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/10/michael-moore-in-trump-land-donald-ifc-center-1201737657/

BUT HES GOING TO BRING JOBS BACK FROM CHINA

trump's proposed reduction in taxes alone are enough to help the middle class economically. how the hell are people vilifying capitalist practices like people willfully making clothes in underdeveloped nations for a lower wage, while at the same time supporting hillary who approves arms deals and accepts foundation bribes from countries who stone women for getting raped and throw gays to their death off of buildings?

think what you want about james o'keefe, but he got operatives working for the DNC and clinton campaign admitting fraud on camera. one has been fired and another just resigned, because the video is pretty damning evidence. and yes, disregarding o'keefe's current argument that PACs and consultants are engaging in fraud (with video evidence) and instead attacking his character is the definition of ad hominem. it's a logical fallacy.

lastly, michael moore? HAHAHAHAHAHA. please, go spend money to see the movie in theaters.

161019115512-michael-moore-in-trumpland-

Trump's monopoly on truth and justice has found the most interesting cross-section between white supremacists, old racist people, uneducated whites, rich sociopaths, passionate but misinformed subjugated groups, and frustrated, semi-manic vinyl collectors in their 20s.

She hasn't accused Melania of infidelity, used a Pee Wee Herman "I'm rubber, you're glue" retort, used the words 'big league', made the moderator laugh in disbelief with weird 4-year-old-kid interjections, or blamed everything on Obama and herself.  She's losing big league. *sniff*

:|

I didn't watch, but I saw everyone's reaction to Trump saying he might not concede if he loses saying it's rigged, etc, etc.

Everyone seems to this this will cause democracy to crumble...  if your society and government is so fragile that you can't question it you guys have it worse off than I realized.

It's not impossible for a system like this to be rigged, in fact it wouldn't actually be all that hard to apply the right pressures in such a way to push the outcome in the direction you want it.  I'm sure it happens all the time.  His claims may be outrageous, but to say he can't claim them, or think it's going to cause some bizarre chain reaction resulting in anarchy is just stupid.

Edited by daegor

22 hours ago, WAXXX said:

trump's proposed reduction in taxes alone are enough to help the middle class economically. how the hell are people vilifying capitalist practices like people willfully making clothes in underdeveloped nations for a lower wage, while at the same time supporting hillary who approves arms deals and accepts foundation bribes from countries who stone women for getting raped and throw gays to their death off of buildings?

think what you want about james o'keefe, but he got operatives working for the DNC and clinton campaign admitting fraud on camera. one has been fired and another just resigned, because the video is pretty damning evidence. and yes, disregarding o'keefe's current argument that PACs and consultants are engaging in fraud (with video evidence) and instead attacking his character is the definition of ad hominem. it's a logical fallacy.

lastly, michael moore? HAHAHAHAHAHA. please, go spend money to see the movie in theaters.

161019115512-michael-moore-in-trumpland-

Corporate and Personal taxes are essentially at their lowest rates since 1941. Income disparity is at an all time high. The middle class is quantifiably shrinking. But yes, more tax cuts are the absolute answer. It's the conservative robot response to everything. Since 1987 the rates have been relatively in line - happy with how this period which have seen the lowest American Tax rates have treated the middle class over the last 30 years? Or were you happier in the 50s/60s when "America Was Great" and taxes were nearly double and in some tax brackets, admittedly absurd, at 90%? I actually assumed "make America Great Again" was about going back to 1955 tax rates and rebuilding the Nation's infrastructure but it's likely more about the "Good Old Days that man would be carried out on a stretcher". Can't imagine what that might mean.

It hasn't trickled down. It will never trickle down. The wealth will accumulate with the stockholders, not the stakeholders when left to the purest form of the market. That might be cool for a few people out there but with a shrinking consumer class everyone should be panicked.

And in support of growing the American Economy I plan to hit a local theater to see Michael's new movie. Might inject some cash into the world by even buying some popcorn. 

4 hours ago, daegor said:

I didn't watch, but I saw everyone's reaction to Trump saying he might not concede if he loses saying it's rigged, etc, etc.

Everyone seems to this this will cause democracy to crumble...  if your society and government is so fragile that you can't question it you guys have it worse off than I realized.

It's not impossible for a system like this to be rigged, in fact it wouldn't actually be all that hard to apply the right pressures in such a way to push the outcome in the direction you want it.  I'm sure it happens all the time.  His claims may be outrageous, but to say he can't claim them, or think it's going to cause some bizarre chain reaction resulting in anarchy is just stupid.

It's one thing to be concerned about potential insiders affecting the direction of general elections (although there's no evidence that's occurring or has ever occurred).  It's completely different to not respect the results of the election.  Conceding to your opponent is a precedent that exists for a very strong reason: it's a sign of respect that signals to your supporters that they should now follow the lead of the winning opponent.

It's not illegal to not do so, just like there's no law saying Donald needs to release his tax returns.  It's just what politicians usually do in order to preserve what little elements of civility still exists in the system.

33 minutes ago, jerseydave77 said:

Corporate and Personal taxes are essentially at their lowest rates since 1941. Income disparity is at an all time high. The middle class is quantifiably shrinking. But yes, more tax cuts are the absolute answer. It's the conservative robot response to everything. Since 1987 the rates have been relatively in line - happy with how this period which have seen the lowest American Tax rates have treated the middle class over the last 30 years? Or were you happier in the 50s/60s when "America Was Great" and taxes were nearly double and in some tax brackets, admittedly absurd, at 90%? I actually assumed "make America Great Again" was about going back to 1955 tax rates and rebuilding the Nation's infrastructure but it's likely more about the "Good Old Days that man would be carried out on a stretcher". Can't imagine what that might mean.

It hasn't trickled down. It will never trickle down. The wealth will accumulate with the stockholders, not the stakeholders when left to the purest form of the market. That might be cool for a few people out there but with a shrinking consumer class everyone should be panicked.

And in support of growing the American Economy I plan to hit a local theater to see Michael's new movie. Might inject some cash into the world by even buying some popcorn. 

are you an economist? do you think i'm an economist? i'm in favor of trump's tax plan because it lowers taxes for the average household. this translates to more spending power for the average household. check for yourself: https://www.taxrate.xyz/

also, taxation is theft. i don't care about wealth trickling down, i want my wealth to trickle up. this becomes easier with lower taxes and lower barriers to start and operate a business.

i agree that more people should support, start, and work for local businesses.

2 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

It's one thing to be concerned about potential insiders affecting the direction of general elections (although there's no evidence that's occurring or has ever occurred).  It's completely different to not respect the results of the election.  Conceding to your opponent is a precedent that exists for a very strong reason: it's a sign of respect that signals to your supporters that they should now follow the lead of the winning opponent.

It's not illegal to not do so, just like there's no law saying Donald needs to release his tax returns.  It's just what politicians usually do in order to preserve what little elements of civility still exists in the system.

yawn.

5 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

3 hours ago, WAXXX said:

yawn.

I've got to say I'm with WAXXX on this one.

Who gives a shit if he says 'Fuck Hillary, she didn't win, you shouldn't listen to a thing she says, vote against her every chance you get!'.

Does that somehow break down your system?  I really don't get it.

What if Bernie had said that when he wasn't nominated?   We all were pretty disappointed when he seemed to bow down and take his shots.  You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Maybe this is actually a big difference between Canadian and US politics.  We have a separatist movement here in Quebec, and every now and again they try to split from Canada and create their own country.  A couple of times the vote ALMOST passed too.  It hasn't been unusual for the politicians leading these groups to be very vocal about how unfair the process was.  Those that agree raise a fuss, and those that don't roll their eyes and carry on with life.

Edited by daegor

I have less of a concern about concession than his propagating the myth of voter fraud. I guess he looks to his right at Mr. Bannon who is a registered Florida voter with an empty house in a state he hasn't lived in for years and realizes that perhaps at least one instance exists. 

Personally, I'm stoked at all the scrambling from the Trump-ites to find their excuses. This has been a very very very well earned rebuke and if the cockroaches don't like the sun, I'm thrilled to see them scurry back under their rocks after a final flurry of flailing in the main stream.

Meanwhile, a man who made Billions in this "unfair system" will have the final laugh at the expense of his followers - the system is fine for him and his ilk and will continue to be. 

15 minutes ago, jerseydave77 said:

I have less of a concern about concession than his propagating the myth of voter fraud. I guess he looks to his right at Mr. Bannon who is a registered Florida voter with an empty house in a state he hasn't lived in for years and realizes that perhaps at least one instance exists. 

Personally, I'm stoked at all the scrambling from the Trump-ites to find their excuses. This has been a very very very well earned rebuke and if the cockroaches don't like the sun, I'm thrilled to see them scurry back under their rocks after a final flurry of flailing in the main stream.

Meanwhile, a man who made Billions in this "unfair system" will have the final laugh at the expense of his followers - the system is fine for him and his ilk and will continue to be. 

michael-keaton.gif