There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

3 hours ago, rds said:

Despite the outcome of next Tuesday's election, I vow to continue to make this thread a safe space for people to share anti-safe-space memes and frustrated post-teen rants against a scary and uncaring world. You have my word, VC.

Gonna need to see your emails. You might be hiding a Benghazi or two in there.

20 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

Just one more week guys.  We can put all this nastiness behind us and find another thread to boost our post count.

Seriously though, part of me doesn't even have the strength to care anymore.  This has been such a long, nasty process.  NPR was reporting that this election has become the #2 stressor in people's lives, right behind money.

What could make this better? a tie. 

If Hillary holds CO, PA & VA, while Trump takes IA, OH, FL and NH. We're at 269 each and then it goes to the new congress, which will likely be Republican, but if the Senate flips then you could have Trump & Kane (assuming everyone votes straight party). This also assumes all the electors vote in line with their state's results. Plus, there is also a good chance of "rigging-based" court challenges. So fear not, this may drag on until people really start to not care. However, once the election is settled I am sure Congress and the American electorate will return to its' cooperative agreeable self.

17 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

The likelihood of flipping the senate is greater than the house, but it's still a foot race. Most of the major new outlets have been a bit more critical than 538's predictions. From their stories Bayh was going to lose because he's now seen as a DC insider..... 

Given this cycle i have been a bit weary* about making rock solid predictions.

*meant wary, but i suppose weary might be apropos as well. 

Edited by deadreckoning

gotta be awesome to have the KKK and other white nationalist groups vocally supporting your candidate.  they've set up robo calls in Utah telling voters that McMillian is gay and to vote trump, and they've stated they plan to go to inner city philly to hand out alcohol to black people to keep them from voting.  

Wax, maybe you can answer this for me. Why is it that every big alt-right guy on Twitter has a MAGA hat Photoshopped onto their avatar? Can they not pony up the 25 bucks?

its because they wouldnt have the fucking balls to actually wear it in public

Edited by abovetheearth

2 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Wax, maybe you can answer this for me. Why is it that every big alt-right guy on Twitter has a MAGA hat Photoshopped onto their avatar? Can they not pony up the 25 bucks?

not sure. but they are photoshopping MAGA hats onto images of fictional/historical characters, not on themselves.

2 hours ago, abovetheearth said:

its because they wouldnt have the fucking balls to actually wear it in public

i have a MAGA hat i wear in public.

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

gotta be awesome to have the KKK and other white nationalist groups vocally supporting your candidate.  they've set up robo calls in Utah telling voters that McMillian is gay and to vote trump, and they've stated they plan to go to inner city philly to hand out alcohol to black people to keep them from voting.  

yeah, this is stupid. however, it's definitely less violent than all of hillary's bullies beating up trump supporters, firebombing offices, and assaulting homeless people.

34 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

yeah, this is stupid. however, it's definitely less violent than all of hillary's bullies beating up trump supporters, firebombing offices, and assaulting homeless people.

there is no 'less' violence on either sides lets make that clear.

Edited by abovetheearth

9 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

there is no 'less' violence on either sides lets make that clear.

I'm not actually sure that's true.

It's not something that I've tried to dig in to too much, but it certainly seems that the Democratic side is more openly violent.  I don't think it's as disparaging as Republican sources try to make it, but it's honestly disappointing/shocking that it's an issue at all.

Just now, daegor said:

I'm not actually sure that's true.

It's not something that I've tried to dig in to too much, but it certainly seems that the Democratic side is more openly violent.  I don't think it's as disparaging as Republican sources try to make it, but it's honestly disappointing/shocking that it's an issue at all.

I just didnt want to get in a 'this' and 'that' shit show. With the media, I'm def. not going to go down the 'they're more violent' bullshit.

29 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

trump supporters have already started a $20,000 fundraiser to repair the church. what's really sad is that it's way more likely a pro-hillary or anti-trump campaign paid someone to vandalize a black church for propaganda.

43 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

what's really sad is that it's way more likely a pro-hillary or anti-trump campaign paid someone to vandalize a black church for propaganda.

Seriously dude, you should feel a bit ashamed that this was your reaction.  That's really uncool.