All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

Weren't The Fragile repress and the Deviations press delayed on account of Reznor wanting to find adequate time to give them the detail and attention they deserved?  I'm probably not ordering them myself, but if I were I'd be buying with confidence as I'm sure they'll be handled better than 90% of the current pre-orders on VC.  Little things like 180 gram don't necessarily equate to better sound fidelity, but it tells me that they're willing to go the extra mile and not fuck around with a subpar product.

For years on end, Reznor had been teasing and saying that his goal was to see a re-release of The Fragile with all kinds of bells and whistles and allegeded remastered and remixed for a 5.1 sound he was enamored with at the time. It was to include loads of unreleased tracks and whatnot but it never truly came to fruition.

5 minutes ago, daegor said:

Not that I've seen.  I'm surprised it's on Amazon, honestly given Trent's association with Apple and the fact that the short film that this is for is hosted on the iTunes Store.

I'm not sure it is, just assuming.  I've been more and more impressed with iTunes and their mastering requirements for tracks. Amazon doesn't have them and a lot of auto rip I've received from them seems to be less dynamic than its MFiT counterpart. 

23 hours ago, jhulud said:

For years on end, Reznor had been teasing and saying that his goal was to see a re-release of The Fragile with all kinds of bells and whistles and allegeded remastered and remixed for a 5.1 sound he was enamored with at the time. It was to include loads of unreleased tracks and whatnot but it never truly came to fruition.

23 hours ago, daegor said:

I'm still waiting for that 5.1 mix, haha

The TDS 5.1 mix is absolutely amazing, so a The Fragile 5.1 mix is worth waiting for.

58 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I listened to my copy of Year Zero today, and holy crap does it sound fantastic. I don't see how Trent can improve on the original pressing, but I'm looking forward to finding out if he can. 

For the most part, they all sound fantastic. The Slip is probably the weakest link as far as sound quality.

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

The Slip is probably the weakest link as far as sound quality.

And surely no coincidence that it was also the weakest release to follow their string of quality records, up through Year Zero.  I guess you could say they really slipped up on that whole affair.

tumblr_nd5vfnXofq1sgovypo1_500.gif

I'll be here all week.

13 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I don't think that's correct.  I ordered the EP, Broken and Deviations and it was under $10 for media mail.

Not accusing you of calling me a liar, but when I add those 3 items to a cart and selected Media Mail just for kicks, I get reamed with $14 and change on top of some garbage California tax.  When and if I come around to revisiting NIN's catalog and ordering vinyl, remind me to never do it from their webstore.

wcscUYM.png