All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

I downloaded The Fragile zip file via the email from NIN today. Only had the option to  download all files types, which was 6.2 gbs in size. Couldn't just select FLAC or wav. Anyways, I cannot extract the files. Peazip is throwing errors at me. I am trying to download the file again, in case the original was corrupted, but anyone else having this issue with The Fragile?

I'll give that new EP a whirl just for kicks.

I'm really curious about that Fragile Deviations, though.  Haven't listened to The Fragile in some time, but I recall it being among their strongest material.  As someone who enjoys their instrumental side [Ghosts] as well, I suspect it could be up my alley.  But that's a $96 gamble without hearing anything beforehand.

28 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

I downloaded The Fragile zip file via the email from NIN today. Only had the option to  download all files types, which was 6.2 gbs in size. Couldn't just select FLAC or wav. Anyways, I cannot extract the files. Peazip is throwing errors at me. I am trying to download the file again, in case the original was corrupted, but anyone else having this issue with The Fragile?

Did you order anything else?  I ordered Deviations, the new album, and before the flood and only got a link for the new album. 

2 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Yeah I grabbed BTF along with all the represses, The EP & Deviations and only got the EP.  I bet the rest show up tomorrow

Yeah it's interesting BTF wasn't available, it was marked as immediately available on the old NIN website as well as the new. Oh well the new NIN EP will hold me over. Cheers

29 minutes ago, highfives said:

" Nine Inch Nails are expected to drop a full new album and announce tour dates for 2017 in the months ahead. "

http://www.nme.com/news/music/nine-inch-nails-unveil-new-track-burning-bright-field-fire-1921221

While this sounds nice its kinda weird that the article is full of citations and direct quotes EXCEPT where it states the full album and tour. 

It's been a while since I've played any NIN. Although Hesitation Marks was the first studio album I didn't purchase, I did listen to it once. 

I just listened to the new track "Burning Bright (Field on Fire)" for the first time, and I gotta say I'm impressed. It's hard to compare to post-Fragile work as I haven't listened in quite some time, but I know one thing that has bothered me on the more recent albums is the polished vocals. This track feels very gritty to me both musically and vocally, therefore reminds me of older NIN material. So that's great. Curious to hear the rest - wonder if it'll stream anywhere other than Apple Music. 

7 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

After one listen:

As a lifelong NIn fan but a total NIN nerd through the Fragile, this is very much like later day NIN

It sounds like a cross between Hesitation and Year Zero.

What I loved about PHM through Fragile and even some of With Teeth was Trents vocals always interplayed well with the music. His vocals seem so robotic and monotone and just put over music with no sense of melody. The early stuff was chaotic but always had an underlying sense of melody

If this wasnt NIN/Reznor, we would dismiss this after one listen

P.S. The Idea of You sounds like a rehash of the spoken words of Closer, Happiness, Downward Spiral with a shouty chorus and nu metal guitars

As a fan since the beginning... I agree.  I hate to say it but I'm getting bored.   But, I like and want something a bit more clear and aggressive like the broken album.  Give us at least a bit of a guitar riff.  I did like most of Hesitation Marks though.  

10 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Same problem.  Really annoying.  Can't figure out how to fix it.