All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 hour ago, ntslash said:

Got my replacement Deviations jacket today. It was airmail from Europe. Packed in a huge box, wrapped in bubble wrap and extra cardboard stiffeners with thick foam corner protectors. Seemed rather wasteful...

Mine showed up as well.  Oddly enough there's a crease in the spine...  

here are some pics pics of the packaging job.

Edited by highfives

it does matter, not 100%, but it does.  bottom line is that we're paying for a new pressing and my jacket looks like it's about 10 years old already.  I listened to all 3 of my records tonight.  Noticed the jacket for Broken was partly unglued on the bottom toward the opening.  Oh well though right?  as long as the records sound great who gives a fuck about the condition of the cardboard container that houses them... gtfo it's bullshit that this has been such a hassle with sandbag, it's bullshit the way they're shipping them and people's jackets are showing up with dinged corners and compressed af inside a small mailer not meant to carry 3 or 4 records, and it's bullshit that they clearly did a piss poor job in the first place with the jackets.  HOWEVER, all the records themselves sound great.  who am i to want my cake and eat it too?  Once these jackets disintegrate one day when a stiff breeze comes along, i'll just dump out my dolly parton and patsy cline records and use those jackets for my NIN records, just so long as we keep the nice sounding records safe.  it's all good.

But a little glue stick on that jacket will fix it. Way better than the effort and frustration of sending an email and the waiting on going back and forth to sort it out and the complaining here.

I'm not gonna disagree that Sandbag should do a better job packaging this (though after reading this thread, I understand if it was done out of spite), there are egregious problems (that dude with the massively bent EP , and maybe the dude with dinged corners). I'm just beginning to think that maybe some people are just being too nit picky. Or maybe its me and I'm not nit picky enough.

Edited by timsimmons

Oh, I'm going to doctor my shit up, no doubt.  and i'm sure that'll help.  i'm just being sarcastic like everyone else.  do not intend to send an email and demand replacement jackets and go through all that, especially not with shitbag.  the fact of the matter still remains though, if it wasn't such a half-assed operation, there wouldn't be any need for me to doctor up my new fucking record jacket.

Some of the smaller dings on the corners could likely be prevented but I've come to expect that especially if its only about a centimeter deep in the jacket. Jackets coming unglued: that's a problem. These records are brand new and not cheap. The EP's are $20 before shipping. I think that's overpriced and for that price, no one's jackets should be coming apart after the first few days of receiving the records. However, if that is happening, its likely because the jackets were not allowed to dry long enough in assembly before the records were shoved inside and the whole mess shrinkwrapped. Complaining and seeking replacement jackets will likely get you another jacket from an already rushed job and it may be just as prone defect as your original one. It sucks that it comes to that but I doubt it will do much to get that type of satisfaction. I ordered The Fragile and I might grab Broken eventually. I sure don't want my jackets to be severely damaged nor come unglued but there's a level of corner damage that I expect from a record being shipped across the country at this point in the game. 

Trent has officially cracked it and started gaining opinions from fans for a new supplier over on ETS. Probably relatedly, the COO has been contact fans directly over there about their issues. I guess once these all go out then the store will be relaunched again...

My records shipped 15 days ago and still haven't left the UK. No idea what they are doing but it's pretty bad to have to wait for so long after release for something you preordered 9 months ago. Especially when those who are ordering now are being fulfilled asap.

4 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

If one was to file a PayPal claim for item not received, how would the refund/claim proceed, since it wasn't originally billed to Sandbag through Paypal when the purchase was made in Dec. 2016?

I think that Firebrand would have to figure that out not you.   You placed an order and have not received anything.  Good luck.   I've gotten into the habit of using my American Express for all preorders in the event that I need to do a charge back.  They seem to have your back for ages.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:25 PM, Derek™ said:

I don't think those are the right ones either.  Assuming the links work, I think he may be talking about these.

On 8/24/2017 at 11:45 PM, Dustinhxc said:

Here are the ones I used for The Fragile and Deviations. Someone recommended them to me before.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001719NXQ

So as a PSA to anyone in the market for boxset sleeves, do not waste your time with these.  The specifications on the label claim to be 13" x 13.5", but the lie detector generic tape measure has determine that is a lie.

8hKZq4C.jpg

Barely over 12".  I'm not exaggerating when I say that they don't even fit standard, single, non-gatefold LPs.  Just minimal, regular 12"s.  Here's a spare 12" jacket that was included as packaging on a recent order.  No contents.

8XxzSVc.jpg

What the fuck did I just buy?  What does this fit?  Am I missing something obvious here?  "Fits most box sets up to 1.25"...?  Uhh.

22 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So as a PSA to anyone in the market for boxset sleeves, do not waste your time with these.  The specifications on the label claim to be 13" x 13.5", but the lie detector generic tape measure has determine that is a lie.

8hKZq4C.jpg

Barely over 12".  I'm not exaggerating when I say that they don't even fit standard, single, non-gatefold LPs.  Just minimal, regular 12"s.  Here's a spare 12" jacket that was included as packaging on a recent order.  No contents.

8XxzSVc.jpg

What the fuck did I just buy?  What does this fit?  Am I missing something obvious here?  "Fits most box sets up to 1.25"...?  Uhh.

I would say that they have mistakenly included the wrong-sized sleeves in that package. I received the exact same sleeves yesterday, and they fit Deviations and The Fragile and a few smaller box sets (i.e., the 10th anniversary Interpol TOTBL) that I had.