All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

19 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I’d be stoked to hear The Fragile in 5.1, for sure.  Hopefully that happens in our lifetimes.  I agree that the 2017 edition sounds especially nice in the car... for better or worse, ha.  I’ve never owned or listened to an OG copy of The Fragile for what it’s worth.  I’m not trying to imply that the 2017 edition is “definitive” by any means, either.  Always room for improvement, right?  I’m just grateful it happened and that I could add a respectable sounding copy to my collection without spending 3 digits, you know?

What do you guys make of TDS’ definitive edition?  Same boat?

I haven't even heard the DE of TDS.  I passed on it because I love my 2008 Kevin Gray pressing and just can't imagine anything could sound better.

On 3/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, timsimmons said:

That at being said, the back to black TDS is a better master and pressing than the definitive edition. It’s even better than the OP.

The original UK, to my ears, sounds superior to the original US and the KG cut from Back to Black.

I've owned all 3. I sold the original US.

As far as the Fragile goes, the original is definitely a better cut that the Definitive. That's not even a question. 

I have original presses of every Halo vinyl release (other than one 10"). For the most part, all the original LPs sound better. One of the exceptions being the KG TDS sounds better than the original US.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ll take this bump opportunity to state that we’re fast approaching the one year anniversary from the date that the 20% off NIN coupons expired which everyone planned on using for the Year Zero and With Teeth reissues that are about a decade behind schedule at this point. 

It’s probably a reference to the scenes in the movie that delve into Mickey’s mind & memories & warped visions that have green hues and lighting. Plus the overall color saturation in some of the shots throughout the movie, especially some scenes at night. I re-watched the movie a couple of weekends ago, so it’s still all fresh. 

11 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

I’ll take this bump opportunity to state that we’re fast approaching the one year anniversary from the date that the 20% off NIN coupons expired which everyone planned on using for the Year Zero and With Teeth reissues that are about a decade behind schedule at this point. 

I printed and framed my coupon code. Never forget. 

2 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

At this point can we just make a separate thread for With Teeth? I'm tired of yall messing with my feelings. 

Imagine the feeling you'd get if you woke up to a thread titled: "PO SOON: NINE INCH NAILS - 'WITH TEETH' ::DEFINITIVE EDITION::"

And then the first post in the thread just said: "Pre-order date TBA"

3 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Also Happy Birthday With Teetha

I went to a Borders at the mall to buy this when it came out, which is a crazy specific memory--Chuck Palahniuk's "Haunted" came out the same day, which is why I was browsing CDs at a bookstore.

Another weird NIN-centric memory is that Year Zero was the last album I bought on CD.