All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

Hmmmm. Although I haven’t heard the songs nor watched the show (ever), I’d still get this for not only the novelty factor but also being NIN related. But then that begs the question given how controlling Trent can be...would he allow just anyone to release it? How does it work being manipulated cover songs that he still had involvement in? 

Just curious. 

7 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Hmmmm. Although I haven’t heard the songs nor watched the show (ever), I’d still get this for not only the novelty factor but also being NIN related. But then that begs the question given how controlling Trent can be...would he allow just anyone to release it? How does it work being manipulated cover songs that he still had involvement in? 

Just curious. 

Someone involved in the show discussed this, that when it came time to reach out to him for permission he was stoked on the idea.  I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a release.  The bigger factor is probably any contracts that Miley's signed that may cause issues (which, if the case, is ironic in the context of the episode).

I don't know much about your personal taste for movies/tv, but given your like of pop and nine inch nails it seems like this episode in particular is right up your alley.

Edited by daegor

5 hours ago, daegor said:

I don't know much about your personal taste for movies/tv, but given your like of pop and nine inch nails it seems like this episode in particular is right up your alley.

Couldn’t agree more, it seems like the perfect matrimony of his interests.  Also a huge departure from that pilot episode if that was too off-putting.

7 hours ago, museummouth said:

Can't seem ETR getting the rights a Miley/NIN related thing, maybe Mondo?

Mondo would definitely be cool.  They haven’t done any Black Mirror soundtracks yet though.  So I’m guessing the most likely choice would be Lakeshore, because like other have said already, they’ve already released a few.

Just watching that Black Mirror episode and noticed a Sugar Ape magazine cover in the manager’s office. That’s a blast from the past! It’s from a show called Nathan Barley. Probably worth checking out if you’re into stuff like black mirror and brass eye.

oh and I’d absolutely buy a vinyl release of NIN songs reworked as pop songs!

Edited by Skacel

13 minutes ago, Chrundle The Great said:

Maybe it was foolish to even search for content in this song, but who wrote these lyrics? the first 30-some seconds are all  "I'll do anything for you" and the rest of the song might as well be the lyrics to Miss Independent.

That’s kind of part of the joke.  If you saw the episode that the song was from, then I don’t think you’d be questioning it.

Then again, I expect to hear this song on the radio soon seeing as it fits right in with everything else that’s popular right now.  Miley and Trent will then proceed to laugh all the way to the bank.

Edited by Rip

42 minutes ago, Rip said:

If you saw the episode that the song was from, then I don’t think you’d be questioning it.

Then again, I expect to hear this song on the radio soon seeing as it fits right in with everything else that’s popular right now. 

Ah - thanks for clarifying. But exactly as you said, the lyrical content fits with everything in the rnb/hiphop/pop spectrum on the radio now (trash).