All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

16 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Because Amazon doesn't really take care of its employees despite making billions. Also, on a micro level, they eat sales away from smaller record retailers.

What's the hourly wage at Bull Moose? Do they provide healthcare or other benefits? What about paid time off or paid paternal/maternal leave? Are the working conditions ideal?

I don't know the answers to any of the above. It's easy to point fingers at Amazon because it's a public company and under constant scrutiny. But lots of small companies have really shitty working conditions. Amazon has also created 300,000 jobs and didn't make a profit for the first 14 years. 

On a personal level, 75% of packages I've received from Bull Moose have been damaged. In the rare event I get a damaged record from Amazon, they replace it, no questions asked. I don't like to ask Bull Moose to replace a damaged record because they are small and I know it comes out of their bottom line. Amazon doesn't give two shits about the minuscule loss in revenue. 

Edit: According to the Bull Moose website, their employees are eligible for healthcare, retirement, and paid time off. Good on them for taking care of their employees. Many Amazon jobs come with great pay and benefits as well. 

Edited by ntslash
Added info

I’m not complaining about Amazon. I found it odd initially that they’d go that route for this release. But given light on the previous debacles with prior vinyl releases and the customer service nightmares of before (Sandbag), I can understand the decision. 

And if Amazon isn’t your bag, for whatever reason it may be, at least we’re going to see it out in other retailers.  So there’s choices. 

Some folks are really fuckin’ going bananas over the vinyl-only physicality of this release. So much so that it’s going into ludicrously ridiculous territory.

Example “comment/opinion”:

Trent is too busy catering to hipsters with his all vinyl bullshit rule that he lives by. Why release a CD when you can release something on a format (vinyl) that was outdated and obsolete by 1979 and only brought back by revisionist hipsters......Trent seems to be oblivious that a lot of his fanbase would prefer physical format and would buy CD. I think Tool already proved CDs are still viable. If you are Taylor Swift or Teskashi 69 or Miley Cyrus and releasing disposable pop shit, then you cater to streaming. Big bands that have been around over 20 years still have a large fanbase that prefers Physical format. Unfortunately Trent is still listening to his suit friends from Apple Music who told him CDs are dead. They forgot to mention CDs are dead for pop singers/new hip hop artists....Not artists that have 20 years plus in the game..The kids man. The kids these days, they like to stream man...Guess what? The kids these days ain't listening to Nine Inch Nails or a fuckin 3 hour Trent Reznor instrumental film score.....Ask Tool if CDs are dead...Seems like they had some success selling CDs of their new album? Hmmmmm? Outsold the aryan princess T Swift if I remember correct

But this vinyl only release shit has been exhausting and tiring the last few years. Put out a fuckin CD. Even if its limited run. I GUARANTEE it will SELL OUT” 

18 hours ago, jhulud said:

Some folks are really fuckin’ going bananas over the vinyl-only physicality of this release. So much so that it’s going into ludicrously ridiculous territory.

Example “comment/opinion”:

Trent is too busy catering to hipsters with his all vinyl bullshit rule that he lives by. Why release a CD when you can release something on a format (vinyl) that was outdated and obsolete by 1979 and only brought back by revisionist hipsters......Trent seems to be oblivious that a lot of his fanbase would prefer physical format and would buy CD. I think Tool already proved CDs are still viable. If you are Taylor Swift or Teskashi 69 or Miley Cyrus and releasing disposable pop shit, then you cater to streaming. Big bands that have been around over 20 years still have a large fanbase that prefers Physical format. Unfortunately Trent is still listening to his suit friends from Apple Music who told him CDs are dead. They forgot to mention CDs are dead for pop singers/new hip hop artists....Not artists that have 20 years plus in the game..The kids man. The kids these days, they like to stream man...Guess what? The kids these days ain't listening to Nine Inch Nails or a fuckin 3 hour Trent Reznor instrumental film score.....Ask Tool if CDs are dead...Seems like they had some success selling CDs of their new album? Hmmmmm? Outsold the aryan princess T Swift if I remember correct

But this vinyl only release shit has been exhausting and tiring the last few years. Put out a fuckin CD. Even if its limited run. I GUARANTEE it will SELL OUT” 

LOL. And I wouldn't use Tool's recent CD sales as a barometer – I'm sure those sales were skewed by the gimmicky packaging. 

Second episode was fantastic & it's pretty great to see them continuing the expansion of the Watchmen mythos and exciting to see where it's going.

The music was perfectly fitting and this time around felt a little more aggressive and also somber and felt like a harkening back to the feel of The Social Network in its ambience.

On 10/21/2019 at 7:06 PM, ntslash said:

What's the hourly wage at Bull Moose? Do they provide healthcare or other benefits? What about paid time off or paid paternal/maternal leave? Are the working conditions ideal?

I don't know the answers to any of the above. It's easy to point fingers at Amazon because it's a public company and under constant scrutiny. But lots of small companies have really shitty working conditions. Amazon has also created 300,000 jobs and didn't make a profit for the first 14 years. 

On a personal level, 75% of packages I've received from Bull Moose have been damaged. In the rare event I get a damaged record from Amazon, they replace it, no questions asked. I don't like to ask Bull Moose to replace a damaged record because they are small and I know it comes out of their bottom line. Amazon doesn't give two shits about the minuscule loss in revenue. 

Edit: According to the Bull Moose website, their employees are eligible for healthcare, retirement, and paid time off. Good on them for taking care of their employees. Many Amazon jobs come with great pay and benefits as well. 

Corporate and technical careers at Amazon come with benefits. Low level fulfillment center running employment (the thing that actually keeps customers FULFILLED) is substandard still even though they were publicly shamed into raising their terrible wages. The particular and gross level of the disparity between what Jeff Bezos takes home versus the austerity waging and indecent pressurization of the fulfillment center staff is reason for the scrutiny. Its a question of decency and well-being of the nation. If we allow workers to be subject to such inhumane treatment to keep King Bezos rolling in his Scrooge McDuck fortune what good is our society? What good is it for our society? We have been conditioned to betray the principles that we might have had to prevent the acceptance of such injustice. And when the goal of most other major corporate employers is to cut so many corners by underpaying its grunt workers to maximize every last iota of profit to be delivered directly to the top and forsaking the economic fortitude of those many who suffer to prop up the King, we have a serious problem. Amazon is the worst offender of this type of employee conditions while being overseen by the most wealthy owner in the country.  That's why there's so much heat on Amazon.

Got my copy today -- thanks, King Bezos!  I wonder if an Autorip download will pop-up once it's available digitally elsewhere.

On a side note, if y'all want to avoid the EVIL CORPORATION that is LAME-AZON, you can order the records from Target (it's a local shop based in Minneapolis) for under $50 total.

https://www.target.com/p/trent-reznor-watchmen-volume-1-ost-vinyl/-/A-78786715

https://www.target.com/p/trent-reznor-watchmen-volume-2-ost-vinyl/-/A-78786716

https://www.target.com/p/trent-reznor-watchmen-volume-3-ost-vinyl/-/A-78786717

14 hours ago, harryq said:

Got my copy today -- thanks, King Bezos!  I wonder if an Autorip download will pop-up once it's available digitally elsewhere.

On a side note, if y'all want to avoid the EVIL CORPORATION that is LAME-AZON, you can order the records from Target (it's a local shop based in Minneapolis) for under $50 total.

https://www.target.com/p/trent-reznor-watchmen-volume-1-ost-vinyl/-/A-78786715

https://www.target.com/p/trent-reznor-watchmen-volume-2-ost-vinyl/-/A-78786716

https://www.target.com/p/trent-reznor-watchmen-volume-3-ost-vinyl/-/A-78786717

Most major corporations are evil. There is no avoiding it.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, mcpherson123 said:

Corporate and technical careers at Amazon come with benefits. Low level fulfillment center running employment (the thing that actually keeps customers FULFILLED) is substandard still even though they were publicly shamed into raising their terrible wages. The particular and gross level of the disparity between what Jeff Bezos takes home versus the austerity waging and indecent pressurization of the fulfillment center staff is reason for the scrutiny. Its a question of decency and well-being of the nation. If we allow workers to be subject to such inhumane treatment to keep King Bezos rolling in his Scrooge McDuck fortune what good is our society? What good is it for our society? We have been conditioned to betray the principles that we might have had to prevent the acceptance of such injustice. And when the goal of most other major corporate employers is to cut so many corners by underpaying its grunt workers to maximize every last iota of profit to be delivered directly to the top and forsaking the economic fortitude of those many who suffer to prop up the King, we have a serious problem. Amazon is the worst offender of this type of employee conditions while being overseen by the most wealthy owner in the country.  That's why there's so much heat on Amazon.

Yup and now Bezos is trying to buy the Seattle City Council  elections with million dollar checks to avoid taxes.