All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

38 minutes ago, daegor said:

I don't hate them, especially since there is music under them as well.

I don’t hate them either, they just kinda break up the flow. I may get used to them. Stuff like that can be a good way to break up the record. Like a lot of scores,  they can feel same-y. Like I said, IDK how to feel about them yet.

Edited by timsimmons

33 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

Off-topic but Bezos isn't directly funding the opponents and it's also because the incumbent councilmember sucks. 

It’s his company dude, don’t give me that. I’m not a huge fan of Sawant but at least she’s carrying the flag to force companies like Amazon to pay liveable wages to employees.

Edited by morfiend

Sorry to interrupt the fascinating discussion of politics in Seattle, but Atticus & co. did the score for the Netflix movie Earthquake Bird and it looks like Invada will be releasing it on vinyl in December.  No preorder on Amazon yet (though there's a page for the mp3), but it's up on BM.

Not sure why Earthquake Bird is getting a vinyl release before Quake, Patriots' Day, and Bird Box (not to mention Atticus & co.'s score for The Defiant Ones), but oh well.

Edited by harryq

19 minutes ago, morfiend said:

It’s his company dude, don’t give me that. I’m not a huge fan of Sawant but at least she’s carrying the flag to force companies like Amazon to pay liveable wages to employees.

It's a double edged sword when there are two choices: either support the not very good incumbent that Amazon also doesn't like policy-wise or the alternate/opposition. It is annoying that Orion decided to address his Amazon funding right at the end of the race.

20 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

So these are Sold Out on Amazon. Are they limited? Or is this just the first run and they could press so many by the quick on sale date?

there are two different listings -- one with an 11/4 release date and one with an 11/8 release date.  not sure what (if any) difference there is between the two.

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Could be a retailer that distributes through Amazon. 

it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon", but more importantly 11/8 is the release date everywhere else, so perhaps there is a special version that was only sold at Amazon on 11/4 and a separate version that goes everywhere (including Amazon).  I could imagine some places might have more trouble promoting a "Sons of Pale Horse" The Book of Rorschach album than a Trent/Atticus Watchmen album.

in any case, I put in preorders through Amazon and through Target ($50 total) just to cover my bases.

1 hour ago, Cecil said:

There's screenshots going around showing someone's now deleted Instagram post which shows the repress of With Teeth. So assuming it'll be put up for preorder soon

fwiw, there was a picture of a test press for Patriots Day posted in Mar 2017, and we're still waiting on that...

Anyone else get emails from Amazon recently about how they don’t have release dates for Vol. 2 & 3 now?

When I click on the items through the email, it says it’s not found on Amazon.  But yet when I search for them, they’re still there AND the release dates are still there.

Edited by Rip

On 11/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, lostcrimes said:

Maybe a release right before Christmas? Gimme.

I could be mistaken, but I remember being relatively strapped on "fun funds" – after holiday shopping – right around the time that the Fragile reissue and Deviations 1 dropped, a couple of years back.  I just recall thinking how pricey they were and how poor the timing was, but pulling the trigger regardless.  Wouldn't mind a similar release schedule, now, 2 years later... especially being in a better position to snag whatever may be in store.  Thought I once read that there's a wealth of material recorded around the With Teeth era that's yet to see a proper release.