All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

23 minutes ago, harryq said:

right, the original presses were clear and black for Sonno and white and black for Risveglio, which is what are listed on Boomkat for these releases.  I'm all for them being back-in-print, but I'm surprised they didn't (a) just do black or (b) do new color variants to attract collectors.

in any case, I should revisit these albums.  I like Alessandro's more recent albums, but I never really got into either of these...

I need to pick up his new one yet, I saw him a few weeks back and figured he'd have some but there was no merch. Love the Forse volumes. If these pop up in the US I'd definitely pick them up 

41 minutes ago, harryq said:

I'm surprised they didn't (a) just do black or (b) do new color variants to attract collectors.

in any case, I should revisit these albums.  I like Alessandro's more recent albums, but I never really got into either of these...

Gottcha. I can only think of it being a Dominic/Hospital aesthetic idea. Like Risveglio has to be on white because it makes sense with the artwork. 

Most Hospital releases that go through  Boomkat have a limited color run of around 400 and then black. I’m pretty sure they are all one solid color and mostly transparent colors. 

I listened to them both a few weeks ago and really enjoy the atmosphere and mood. 

On another NIN-related note, I got my Watchmen Vol 2 order from Amazon yesterday and my only complaint is that it wasn't shipped in a "proper" shipper like Amazon usually uses for vinyl records -- instead it was just in a box with some air bubbles.  While the record was delivered without damage, it *does* have an ugly Amazon barcode sticker on the shrinkwrap.  Since it seems that the initial Amazon orders tend to come without actual hype-stickers identifying the album as being by Trent+Atticus (just the bloody Watchmen "Vol 2" sticker), the Amazon sticker kinda hurts the aesthetic.

Woe is me

8 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Did yours show up? I get a new email every morning pushing it back a day at the moment it's next Friday. 

Looking around copies of Vol 1 & 2 seem pretty scares.

Shortly after I posting that comment, I also received a "There's a new estimated delivery date..." email.  Shouldn't have jinxed it...

Anyhoo, I'm currently scheduled for next Wednesday

I'm guess its more of a shortage than anything. I don't think these are extremely rare or anything. 

Especially with all the buzz the series and the music are getting. They'll want to pump out a bunch, but bet the initial runs were limited given the turn around time coupled with wanting to keep the details about the soundtracks as low key as possible.

Edited by timsimmons

20 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I'm guess its more of a shortage than anything. I don't think these are extremely rare or anything. 

Especially with all the buzz the series and the music are getting. They'll want to pump out a bunch, but bet the initial runs were limited given the turn around time coupled with wanting to keep the details about the soundtracks as low key as possible.

Yeah that was my guess but bored at work on a Friday and what am I supposed to do work?

Also excited to get the last 2 Vols  also Scott Wampler is teasing vol 3 on twitter

and he just posted an article about it https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/12/13/lets-take-a-look-inside-the-final-watchmen-soundtrack-release

Edited by Adam10647

49 minutes ago, daegor said:

FWIW Halo 10 in our universe was Further Down the Spiral.  Well before Atticus' involvement in NIN, but Coil was involved in that particular release.

Heavily involved. John Balance, Peter Christopherson and Drew McDowall worked/remixed/re-created at least half of the tracks on it. 

http://www.nin.wiki/Further_Down_the_Spiral

I fuckin’ love ninwiki. I easily spend hours reading & re-reading a lot of the entries. 

11 minutes ago, scott_c said:

Extra tracks from Watchmen: Volume 3 that didn’t make it to the vinyl edition:

https://store.nin.com/products/watchmen-volume-3-additional-tracks-not-on-vinyl-music-from-the-hbo-series

nice!  just got my Volume 3 order from Amazon today; still waiting for my Volume 2 from Target...