All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

18 hours ago, tonyfranciosa said:

But not unprecedented. Still waiting on that Social Network repress...

yeah but you could get that for about a year after it came out, if you didn't pre order these  you didn't get one.  My assumption is that they pressed a short run to have out when the show was on and hopefully more will be pressed in a few months. But yeah its possible.  

Well my [With Teeth] finally landed today via Amazon...

Top left corner bent over, huge crease on the front of the jacket and both records split the top seams of the gatefold. 

This thing was just sliding around in the shipper with two airbags...

Sigh. Replacement on it's way.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 4:13 PM, rickker said:

Top left corner bent over, huge crease on the front of the jacket and both records split the top seams of the gatefold. 

Had the exact same experience. Thrown in an oversized box with a couple of airbags on top of it. Mine actually arrived unscathed though.

4 hours ago, webdoggy said:

Had the exact same experience. Thrown in an oversized box with a couple of airbags on top of it. Mine actually arrived unscathed though.

My replacement is out for delivery right now. Fingers crossed!

Update: Same size box. NO AIRBAGS AT ALL this time. (sigh) No seam splits or jacket damage though. Guess I'll just deal with this one soft corner...

Edited by rickker
update.

On 1/21/2020 at 5:13 PM, rickker said:

Pay extra and use Bull Moose.

I will admit, when the postman ABUSES one of their record boxes, I might get a smashed corner, but that is the exception, not the norm.

Amazon is just too much of a behemoth to give any real care to their packaging for collectables.

I went three rounds with them back in the aughts, when Lisa Gerrard “The Mirror Pool” was finally pressed.

Amazon was BENDING the record to make it fit in a smaller box!!!! 😱

I cut my losses, and paid like $12 more to get it from Acoustic Sounds? or something.

I now avoid the ‘Zon, unless the album is $5 or I can’t find it anywhere else. 

Edited by Plarocks

16 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Pay extra and use Bull Moose.

I will admit, when the postman ABUSES one of their record boxes, I might get a smashed corner, but that is the exception, not the norm.

Amazon is just too much of a behemoth to give any real care to their packaging for collectables.

I went three rounds with them back in the aughts, when Lisa Gerrard “The Mirror Pool” was finally pressed.

Amazon was BENDING the record to make it fit in a smaller box!!!! 😱

I cut my losses, and paid like $12 more to get it from Acoustic Sounds? or something.

I now avoid the ‘Zon, unless the album is $5 or I can’t find it anywhere else. 

I get more damaged records from Bull Moose than Amazon (or anywhere else, for that matter). Amazon replaces them for free, no questions asked. Bull Moose  usually tells me they can't replace it and gives me a $5 credit. I choose Amazon over Bull Moose 10 out of 10 times. Only reason I ever order from Bull Moose is if there are no other options. 

1 hour ago, ntslash said:

I get more damaged records from Bull Moose than Amazon (or anywhere else, for that matter). Amazon replaces them for free, no questions asked. Bull Moose  usually tells me they can't replace it and gives me a $5 credit. I choose Amazon over Bull Moose 10 out of 10 times. Only reason I ever order from Bull Moose is if there are no other options. 

DAMN...😧

I had no idea.

I really have had very good results from them, but you might buy more records than me.

The places that package like a tank are Music Direct, Acoustic Sounds, and Elusive Disc.

They usually are not as cheap as say Amazon or Bull Moose.

However, I have always been happy with their shipments when I can afford it, or they have a sale. 

Edited by Plarocks

we talking real bends and cracked discs, or like smooshed corner and split seams? 

because I quit Amazon and started using BM exclusively for non artist direct orders and i never had an issue. 

their mailers are good and way more consistent than Amazon (No telling if Amazon will use a mailer), and their prices tend to be comparable. 

Edited by timsimmons

Never have had any issues with damage from Bull Moose and I order from them probably once a month on average. I’d say 50% of my amazon orders come with some damage of some sort. Yeah they’re quick to replace but it’s a pain. 8/10 times the amazon order is packed bad too.