All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

Big thanks to everyone who posted this or texted me about it.  I’m sure it’ll be a huge press and widely available – as it should be – but either way, you all have my gratitude.  Even as someone who’s not OST-crazy, this is still such an essential purchase, and one I never thought I’d own.  Seems surreal to grab it at MSRP.

So I feel like I remember seeing on Discogs that the original press of this is straight-up bad, right? I've recently been listening to a lot more of the instrumental NIN/Trent stuff recently and gradually picking some of it up, are there other pressings that I should avoid for the time being? Like, I enjoyed the Vietnam War score and heard some mixed stuff about pressing quality. Just generally interested about what's good and what should be avoided.

1 minute ago, obliriovrons said:

So I feel like I remember seeing on Discogs that the original press of this is straight-up bad, right? I've recently been listening to a lot more of the instrumental NIN/Trent stuff recently and gradually picking some of it up, are there other pressings that I should avoid for the time being? Like, I enjoyed the Vietnam War score and heard some mixed stuff about pressing quality. Just generally interested about what's good and what should be avoided.

I have the OG pressing mine sounds good

21 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Item got pulled from the store. 🤔

Damn.  Rough Trade never pull their listings down.  I was surprised to see it available through them before the NIN store... maybe they were contacted so they could each release in tandem?  Someone reassure me this is still happening.  Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Damn.  Rough Trade never pull their listings down.  I was surprised to see it available through them before the NIN store... maybe they were contacted so they could each release in tandem?  Someone reassure me this is still happening.  Thank you.

I've often seen them put things up too early, obviously the bigger the artist/release the more chance they take it down to match the coordinated release date/time

7 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yeah they have.

5 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

I've often seen them put things up too early, obviously the bigger the artist/release the more chance they take it down to match the coordinated release date/time

Guess I shouldn’t speak in absolutes — I’ve only ever seen items sell out.  They’ve seemed to be pretty good at updating their listings, from my experiences over the years.  I wonder when they’ll get the green light to announce it.  It’d be nice if original orders were honored but I suppose the whole “we don’t charge until it ships” makes everything feel especially up-in-the-air.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Guess I shouldn’t speak in absolutes — I’ve only ever seen items sell out.  They’ve seemed to be pretty good at updating their listings, from my experiences over the years.  I wonder when they’ll get the green light to announce it.  It’d be nice if original orders were honored but I suppose the whole “we don’t charge until it ships” makes everything feel especially up-in-the-air.

They've done this in the past - and have honored original pre-orders. So we'll see.

They swooped in and undercut the release date by who knows how long. They must have already sold tons of these.