All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

I never assume or gamble when it comes to NIN. 

I kind of wish I gambled on that Fragile Deviations set.  It's solid and I don't feel ripped off for buying it for $80+, but I've since seen it available a few times for closer to $40.  I think this is a different animal though.

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Rough Trade did tell people that there would be an "exclusive retailer" (NIN store) for a certain edition of the soundtrack and that other stores (including them) would carry something slightly different. Who knows, maybe that's all changed, but I'm not chancing it.

Happy as hell that I unloaded my OG earlier this year. 

Did you get a fair price on your OG?  I think that was the right call, too.  I've read mixed things about the quality of the original press, and have had nothing but great luck with these Definitive reissues.  I'd be more stoked on something that sounds better vs. owning a "first press" for brag rights or whatever.

And yeah, I do kind of wonder whatever happened to those mumblings of Rough Trade canceling orders.  Sort of forgot they implied other versions would be released.  Weird.  I thought they'd make us wait until the movie's anniversary (early October) to drop this but I'm pleasantly surprised that's not the case.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Did you get a fair price on your OG?  I think that was the right call, too.

Yep, went for around the average market price. When the guy made the offer I told him about the (likely) upcoming repress and he claimed he was a hardcore OG collector and didn't care. I was pretty shocked.

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Yep, went for around the average market price. When the guy made the offer I told him about the (likely) upcoming repress and he claimed he was a hardcore OG collector and didn't care. I was pretty shocked.

I respect that.  I've sold way too much shit off the rumor alone that a repress is in the works.  Some people are committed.

And yeah, NIN webstore orders ship so, so fast for me.  From what I recall anyway.  Travel time is also admirable but I suppose for $8.00+ shipping, it's the least you could ask for.

1 minute ago, jrodan said:

$89.68ppd for both? really having a hard time rationalizing that price, especially after paying for the previous "definitive editions" of the fragile and fragile deviations that ended up significantly cheaper from everyone but the NIN store.

Yeah, I really do not think this is a limited run.  And I believe copies will start showing up on Bull Moose, Amazon, etc. with substantial savings, pretty soon here.  We're all just impatient and dumb with money... especially with shit that's been sought after for so long.  That's really what it boils down to.  You're probably smarter for waiting it out a bit.

Really wish we'd finally get that Year Zero reissue.  Maybe now they have some bandwidth freed up to focus on making that happen.

lol

*NOTE
WE DESIGNED THIS REISSUE TO INCLUDE A BOOKLET CONTAINING ESSAYS FROM ID SOFTWARE’S JOHN CARMACK AND AMERICAN MCGEE.  A CERTAIN UNNAMED VIDEO GAME PUBLISHER MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO INCLUDE THIS IN THE PACKAGE, SO PLEASE HONOR THEIR WISHES BY NOT CLICKING HERE TO EVEN SEE THE ESSAYS OR HERE TO PRINT THE BOOKLET OUT FOR YOURSELF.

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, I really do not think this is a limited run.  And I believe copies will start showing up on Bull Moose, Amazon, etc. with substantial savings, pretty soon here.  We're all just impatient and dumb with money... especially with shit that's been sought after for so long.  That's really what it boils down to.  You're probably smarter for waiting it out a bit.

Really wish we'd finally get that Year Zero reissue.  Maybe now they have some bandwidth freed up to focus on making that happen.

I think my only itch to pay full price from the NIN store is that off chance they're including something cool that isn't advertised with the first number of orders.  They've done it with a bunch of stuff at this point so it's always a risk not instantly buying from them.

Otherwise, being burned on Deviations and the Fragile make me want to wait for this to be $20 on Amazon.