All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

Thread bumping to say a few things:

1.  Where in the world is our Year Zero reissue?  This is turning into the wait for a new Tool album.

2.  I really hope Further Down the Spiral gets a pressing someday.  Every time my shuffle plays a track from this album, I have to go and play the whole album and get reminded every time how great of a remix album it is.

North American version > Europe/Asia/Australian version

10 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Thread bumping to say a few things:

1.  Where in the world is our Year Zero reissue?  This is turning into the wait for a new Tool album.

2.  I really hope Further Down the Spiral gets a pressing someday.  Every time my shuffle plays a track from this album, I have to go and play the whole album and get reminded every time how great of a remix album it is.

North American version > Europe/Asia/Australian version

I would imagine that Year Zero is actually happening this year since 2022 is the year when the album's concept actually takes place. 

It will happen I bet it has more to do with the back ups at the pressing plants. Hit up Rob Sheridan he'll probably be giving the art a once over like he did on With tha Teetha also there's a good chance Trent is working on like 9 sound tracks and whatever else that we dont know about.

Kinda glad no one even bothered posting about those stupid reimagined covers for the Downward Spiral & Broken they were both huge down grades from the real covers and from what I hear stupidly overpriced .

27 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Kinda glad no one even bothered posting about those stupid reimagined covers for the Downward Spiral & Broken they were both huge down grades from the real covers and from what I hear stupidly overpriced .

I've kept my mouth shut about those. It seems to be some project that Interscope is pushing with their classic catalog releases. Horrendous re-imagined artwork with a price tag of $2,500 a pop. And supposedly all proceeds go to charity. And each releases is limited to 100. 

17 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I've kept my mouth shut about those. It seems to be some project that Interscope is pushing with their classic catalog releases. Horrendous re-imagined artwork with a price tag of $2,500 a pop. And supposedly all proceeds go to charity. And each releases is limited to 100. 

Yeah I concentering those to not be "canon" as far as my NIN collection goes.  its the NFTs of records who cares. And given that you got an actual piece of OG Russel Mills art work with the Cargo in Blood book for 300 these are even more of a joke. 

Sadly there are only 121 of them so someone will probably buy it. I was really surprised when that release was advertised and funded by users before getting pressed through the NIN collector fb group. FDTS was supposed to be the next one he did, but some people complained and Jerome or someone who used to be in NIN put a stop to it.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:56 PM, richardp said:

Knowing Trent though, I can see him reissuing Year Zero finally while also dropping a surprise sequel to it or something. It's been REALLY quiet on the NIN front for a really long time now and they ARE finally returning to live shows this year. 

Yep, I could definitely see that happening.  With all that's been going on in the world, specifically the pandemic, seems like there's some fuel there for continuing the concept.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:38 PM, jhulud said:

Yeah, I saw something about that on Facebook I think.  I looked at it and laughed loudly.  Just foofy artwork made for foofy people with money.  I'll just pretend it doesn't exist.

6 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Just got tickets for that yesterday. Thanks again to ticketmaster for selling me 2 tickets for the price of 3.

Man awesome. My brother his wife and I were trying to get tickets to the Red Rock shows up the ticket venders site was so shit we couldn't check out even with the tickets in the cart. 

5 minutes ago, clerk3745 said:

Just got tickets for that yesterday. Thanks again to ticketmaster for selling me 2 tickets for the price of 3.

Snagged some for it too.  Haven't been to that venue since the first time I ever saw NIN with Bowie there. Figure this lineup was worth the 3 hour drive.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Hey VC. Need some advice. 

One of the record collecting groups I’m in, a member is selling the definitive editions of TDS, The Fragile, and With_Teeth all sealed for $155 shipped priority. Sounds like a good deal to me, yes? 

Also saw that, and it's a fair price. They seem to keep gong in and out of stock at random online shops,  and when they are out they go for much more on discogs.  And that's not terribly far over retail so i say go for it.