All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

Bootleg shirts get made (at least by me and all the people I know that are in the bootleg T-shirt game) because a lot of bands (legacy bands) don’t pay attention to detail or just don’t care. Nor does any one of us want to spend an arm and leg getting a “vintage” NIN tee that was probably used as a cum rag at one point. We want these shirts to rep our favorite bands and give people the opportunity to as well. My thought process about the whole thing  is anybody that wants a shirt should be able to get one and not have to spend upwards of $300+ Supporting some dude that’s found a shirt for $10 at goodwill or whatever. I respect the hustle but I will never support a dude who’s house probably smells like musty sweat because he’s just sitting and flipping goodwill shirts from the 80s and 90s. Specifically that VintageMiner dude on ig. Fuck that clown. ANYWAYS if the band sees now that there’s a market for their old designs and decides to re release them that’s awesome, good for them, BUT as a person that does this on the side I know it probably cost them about $18 tops to make that longsleeve shirt. Selling em each for $60 is dumb, someone just did that long sleeve not long ago, puff print and everything, hugest quality and looks amazing and was selling for $35 each. I’ll forever support this band, I buy records, posters, tickets, and official merch from them all the time but that price point is fucking dumb. 

19 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

Bootleg shirts get made (at least by me and all the people I know that are in the bootleg T-shirt game) because a lot of bands (legacy bands) don’t pay attention to detail or just don’t care. Nor does any one of us want to spend an arm and leg getting a “vintage” NIN tee that was probably used as a cum rag at one point. We want these shirts to rep our favorite bands and give people the opportunity to as well. My thought process about the whole thing  is anybody that wants a shirt should be able to get one and not have to spend upwards of $300+ Supporting some dude that’s found a shirt for $10 at goodwill or whatever. I respect the hustle but I will never support a dude whoshouse probably smells like musty sweat because he’s just sitting and flipping goodwill shirts from the 80s and 90s. Specifically that VintageMiner dude on ig. Fuck that clown. ANYWAYS if the band sees now that there’s a market for their old designs and decides to re release them that’s awesome, good for them, BUT as a person that does this on the side I know it probably cost them about $18 tops to make that longsleeve shirt. Selling em each for $60 is dumb, someone just did that long sleeve not long ago, puff print and everything, hugest quality and looks amazing and was selling for $35 each. I’ll forever support this band, I buy records, posters, tickets, and official merch from them all the time but that price point is fucking dumb. 

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Exactly how I feel. Especially the point of boots reprinting old designs that are out of circulation & now be made affordable. 

If you want awesome shirt boots of NIN and plenty more 90’s bands, follow Killer Cereal. They’re legit awesome. I have a good deal of shirts they’ve done. 

21 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Exactly how I feel. Especially the point of boots reprinting old designs that are out of circulation & now be made affordable. 

If you want awesome shirt boots of NIN and plenty more 90’s bands, follow Killer Cereal. They’re legit awesome. I have a good deal of shirts they’ve done. 

Also Boothammer tees :)

22 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Also this dude on ig enigmayokai is a huge NIN fan and is posting all the shirts he’s about to do which are 1/1 replicas 

Honestly, none of this really surprises me.

We are at the point where the bands like NIN, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, hell even Jack White are becoming those "legacy Bands" A La Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Motorhead, Iron Maiden.

Everyone will be touring until they are 6ft under. Their fans will continue to demand to see them, buy their stuff, and (I know this isn't the vast majority) potentially get richer as they age.

Edited by roadmonkey

On 11/16/2022 at 9:00 PM, jhulud said:

I looked on IG, but  didn't find any Killer Cereal that fit the bill. Link?

Also I'd like to add that 95% of the time, bootleg shirts are made with better print AND better fabric quality than the actual official shirts. 

Damn near every NIN shirt I've ever bought from one of their shows the NIN logo was always just slightly off center on the front of the shirt and they all shrank considerably over time. The two bootleg NIN shirts I have are the perfect fit and the logos are dead center. 

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Like a month ago apparently Plaidroom  sold 5 copies. Should be widely available like most other TR stuff 

Yeah...they got those in error from the distro and when Trent caught wind...they all got called back. Except the 5 that were sold already. 

I'm just glad that it's the same book style packaging as that original promo copy that some insider more hardcore NIN fans got surprised with.