All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 hour ago, al_hunter said:

Apologies for the poor image quality, these were taken with an old mobile phone ages ago. I don't have any cassettes, but otherwise this is complete [aside from the US pressing of Sin and the Lost Highway included here is a pretty poor bootleg, I now have the latest reissue of it which is a bit better!!]

tumblr_nseliyDDVr1s9iyy7o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nseliyDDVr1s9iyy7o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nseliyDDVr1s9iyy7o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nseliyDDVr1s9iyy7o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3omghiv3z1s9iyy7o10_1280.jpg

Good stuff dude

19 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

GWow guys, makes my all 12" pic from the last page look small. I have all the Halo releases available on vinyl, other than the 10" of "We're in this Together"

Anyone here have it?

https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Starfuckers-Inc/release/1186081

my White Whale right there I cant bring myself to spend 100s of bucks on one song.

7 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I don't like NIN but I'm really happy for all you guys. That's a lot of OOP shit that just made its way back in print and I'm sure you're all ecstatic. 

Just had to comment on this. That is a very educated response not to mention true sign of a fan of music. I read a lot of threads on music forums and constantly see people shitting on bands they don't find interest in....

Good sir I commend you on such a fine post! I own most of these already but even I felt like a kid in a candy store when the releases showed up in the NIN store!

19 minutes ago, bigdz68 said:

Just had to comment on this. That is a very educated response not to mention true sign of a fan of music. I read a lot of threads on music forums and constantly see people shitting on bands they don't find interest in....

Good sir I commend you on such a fine post! I own most of these already but even I felt like a kid in a candy store when the releases showed up in the NIN store!

shit i saw some dude make a comment on discogs about how hes so "sad" that his fragile original press somehow has lost whatever value it had now that its been repressed. such ignorance. pretty sure he mentioned he bought it when it first came out too.

8 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I don't like NIN but I'm really happy for all you guys. That's a lot of OOP shit that just made its way back in print and I'm sure you're all ecstatic. 

I echo what bigdz68 had to say: this was a refreshing post to read.  VC can really surprise you sometimes.  To sort of add onto that, I haven't really listened to NIN since I was probably 17 or so.  That isn't to say I dislike the band or think they're overhyped – they just haven't gelled with recent tastes.  But with that being  said, even I know that a repress of The Fragile is pretty big fucking deal.  It was fun to see this thread gain 4-5 pages in one afternoon and skim all the responses of people losing their shit over some represses.  At the end of the day I think that's kind of why we all scope VC, regardless of our tastes.

8 minutes ago, boxenstien said:

shit i saw some dude make a comment on discogs about how hes so "sad" that his fragile original press somehow has lost whatever value it had now that its been repressed. such ignorance. pretty sure he mentioned he bought it when it first came out too.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, that's a perfect example of someone being the worst kind of elitist.  Cringe inducing.

4 minutes ago, jhulud said:

With this The Fragile: Deviations 1...how much of it will be some if not all the same tracks of the The Fragile Instrumental that was released about a year ago on Apple Music.

Not only that, but I'm curious to see if there'll be a Deviations 2 at some point.  Do you or anyone else have a list of what was released on iTunes?  Was it just a copy of The Fragile, but instrumental?  Looks like Deviations 1 features:

SIDE 1A
01. SOMEWHAT DAMAGED (INSTRUMENTAL)
02. THE DAY THE WORLD WENT AWAY (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. THE FRAIL (ALTERNATE VERSION)
04. THE WRETCHED (INSTRUMENTAL)

SIDE 1B
01. MISSING PLACES
02. WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. THE FRAGILE (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. JUST LIKE YOU IMAGINED (ALTERNATE VERSION)
05. THE MARCH (INSTRUMENTAL)

SIDE 2A
01. EVEN DEEPER (INSTRUMENTAL)
02. PILGRIMAGE (ALTERNATE VERSION)
03. ONE WAY TO GET THERE
04. NO, YOU DON'T (INSTRUMENTAL)
05. TAKEN

SIDE 2B
01. LA MER (ALTERNATE VERSION)
02. THE GREAT BELOW (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. NOT WHAT IT SEEMS LIKE (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. WHITE MASK
05. THE NEW FLESH (INSTRUMENTAL)

SIDE 3A
01. THE WAY IS OUT THROUGH (ALTERNATE VERSION)
02. INTO THE VOID (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. WHERE IS EVERYBODY? (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. THE MARK HAS BEEN MADE (ALTERNATE VERSION)

SIDE 3B
01. WAS IT WORTH IT? (INSTRUMENTAL)
02. PLEASE (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. +APPENDAGE (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. CAN I STAY HERE? (INSTRUMENTAL)
05. 10 MILES HIGH (INSTRUMENTAL)

SIDE 4A
01. FEEDERS
02. STARFUCKERS, INC. (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. COMPLICATION (ALTERNATE VERSION)
04. CLAUSTROPHOBIA MACHINE (RAW)
05. LAST HEARD FROM

SIDE 4B
01. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING YOU, FINALLY (INSTRUMENTAL)
02. THE BIG COME DOWN (INSTRUMENTAL)
03. UNDERNEATH IT ALL (INSTRUMENTAL)
04. RIPE WITH DECAY (INSTRUMENTAL)

Like I mentioned about, I'm hardly a NIN fanatic and haven't kept up with them in a long time, so I'm not sure if those have been released prior.  But they jump out as the only tracks on Deviations that aren't instrumental or alternate cuts.

From what I recall...and I'm a self-professed hardcore NIN fan...the stuff on Apple Music from a year ago was essentially all of The Fragile in its instrumental form and there were some "additional tracks"/add-ons to each one. So the more I think about it...Deviations 1 may be just that what was on there.

1 hour ago, Dustinhxc said:

He said it's meant to be played loud.  I'm hoping for some brutal ass Industrial.  like Downward Spiral but heavier and more experimental. 

I would really love this... or a legit Broken 2... but I expect it to be an extension of Hesitation Marks. And I'm OK with that too.

3 minutes ago, tonyfranciosa said:

I would really love this... or a legit Broken 2... but I expect it to be an extension of Hesitation Marks. And I'm OK with that too.

That would be great too! Yeah this is tough to decipher. I guess we will know Friday! From their Social Media:

The EP finds Reznor and now official bandmate Atticus Ross taking an unexpected left turn from 2013’s Hesitation Marks and sounding unrecognizable from their current film work. “It’s an unfriendly, fairly impenetrable record that we needed to make” says Reznor. “It’s an EP because that ended up being the proper length to tell that story.”

Edited by Dustinhxc
Double post

looking forward to hearing the new ep  but post-the fragile nin is hit or miss for me as well. If this thing is at all heavy/loud, i will be excited as hell. Kind of expecting it to be a more logical continuation of hesitation marks though (which i liked but doesnt come close to those early records for me).

Edited by mattisr1984

21 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

GWow guys, makes my all 12" pic from the last page look small. I have all the Halo releases available on vinyl, other than the 10" of "We're in this Together"

Anyone here have it?

https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Starfuckers-Inc/release/1186081

Ha, no way and no chance I'm paying the asking prices on Discogs!!

2 hours ago, Dustinhxc said:

That would be great too! Yeah this is tough to decipher. I guess we will know Friday! From their Social Media:

The EP finds Reznor and now official bandmate Atticus Ross taking an unexpected left turn from 2013’s Hesitation Marks and sounding unrecognizable from their current film work. “It’s an unfriendly, fairly impenetrable record that we needed to make” says Reznor. “It’s an EP because that ended up being the proper length to tell that story.”

Everyone's heads are going to fall off when it turns out to be Autechre-esque random bleeps and bloops [hence the unfriendly, impenetrable wording]. My first thoughts were aggressive but given the majority direction of Hesitation Marks my above comment would make sense [though I wait to be surprised by what I hear at the end of the week!!]

41 minutes ago, al_hunter said:

Ha, no way and no chance I'm paying the asking prices on Discogs!!

Is that just a completist thing?  Seems to me those are both album tracks, which would make that a real expensive purchase for no unique material!  I remember how big of a pain it was tracking down those CD singles when they came out.