All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

When you go to https://www.nin.com/discography/  and scroll down to where you see the Film Work selction and select The Social Network it takes you to this URL: https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/the-social-network-br-span-2017-definitive-edition-br-3xlp-span

edit: you have to click the link that says BUY from NIN store to be directed to the url above. 

Edited by TonyPerkins

5 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Can someone fill me in on why the Social Network soundtrack is so desirable aside from being hard to get? I'm not trying to be snarky I'm just generally curious. I saw the movie but don't really remember the music.

Give it a listen! It's so, so good; probably one of the best film soundtracks. I put it on on Spotify all the time, I've really been wanting it on vinyl.

8 minutes ago, TonyPerkins said:

When you go to https://www.nin.com/discography/  and scroll down to where you see the Film Work selction and select The Social Network it takes you to this URL: https://store.nin.com/collections/music/products/the-social-network-br-span-2017-definitive-edition-br-3xlp-span

edit: you have to click the link that says BUY from NIN store to be directed to the url above. 

Fuck yes!

23 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Can someone fill me in on why the Social Network soundtrack is so desirable aside from being hard to get? I'm not trying to be snarky I'm just generally curious. I saw the movie but don't really remember the music.

They also won the Academy Award for this score. So, in one point in time, it was recognized as the pinnacle of film scores for the year.

I am very excited to see this get repressed. Big NIN fan but haven't really started collecting the Trent and Atticus scores. I'll probably start here.

4 minutes ago, highfives said:

If this is the “Definitive” version of the score, I really, really hope they drop Year Zero at the same time.  

I’m all for a Social Network reissue, surprise drops, and all that, but that shit has been “coming soon” on the store for years...

Amen.  NIN section of the shelf is looking nice, but YZ is the last reissue I really want or need at this point, and it feels like it’s been “in the works” for ages.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

Pretty sure it’s a Facebook exclusive...

Would be pretty good if that was a real thing.  Maybe if they make a movie about the creation and rise of Spotify, Spotify exclusive could be feasible.  How meta.

I’m secretly hoping the YZ reissue and this Social Network OST go up at the same time, and that they’re just aiming to release them in tandem.  Probably won’t happen though.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

giphy.gif

Definitely a bold move.  $50 is steep.  But I've been too impatient and too antsy to shop around on this one.  I will also say that even though it's typically pricier to order from their webstore, they use some of the nicest collapsable mailers.  I always repurpose them for my own sales – they're great.  Probably not worth the extra $15 you'd save from Bull Moose, but.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

But I've been too impatient and too antsy to shop around on this one. 

Rough Trade did tell people that there would be an "exclusive retailer" (NIN store) for a certain edition of the soundtrack and that other stores (including them) would carry something slightly different. Who knows, maybe that's all changed, but I'm not chancing it.

Happy as hell that I unloaded my OG earlier this year.