Richard Houghten / Bloomypetal / A Cosmic Gift / Sound Etcher Thread

6 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I made a mini-doc about Richard last year and finally got it edited. If you're into his music, or want to know more about how lathe cuts work, I highly recommend checking it out.

And if you haven't subscribed yet, please do <3

Damn dude we're in here just commenting on record threads, and you're out there doing shit.  Good on ya.  This is NEAT.

• 3 months later...

"Hey friends,

I hope your doing well. I want to give you a heads up to let you know my album All Guitars 2 is being released tomorrow, July 7th 9am PST.

@   https://bloomypetal.bandcamp.com/album/all-guitars-2

I found a time that wasn't in the middle of the night for those of you that live at other ends of the world : )
It's always cool for me to see where these records are going, China, the UK, and Australia to name a few. I can only hope to visit all the places these records end up!

Here is a little bit about the release...

The vinyl release includes four different versions: two unique 7” records (50 of each) and two unique 12” records (also 50 of each). Three of the four records have wild geometric holograms that shine and spin while you listen to the music. Of the 100 12” records being released, 50 were lathe cut one at time.

David Friedman who created the artwork for All Guitars 1 also did this album. We had the jackets for the 12" LP's silk screened."

21 hours ago, thievedrelic said:

"Hey friends,

I hope your doing well. I want to give you a heads up to let you know my album All Guitars 2 is being released tomorrow, July 7th 9am PST.

@   https://bloomypetal.bandcamp.com/album/all-guitars-2

I found a time that wasn't in the middle of the night for those of you that live at other ends of the world : )
It's always cool for me to see where these records are going, China, the UK, and Australia to name a few. I can only hope to visit all the places these records end up!

Here is a little bit about the release...

The vinyl release includes four different versions: two unique 7” records (50 of each) and two unique 12” records (also 50 of each). Three of the four records have wild geometric holograms that shine and spin while you listen to the music. Of the 100 12” records being released, 50 were lathe cut one at time.

David Friedman who created the artwork for All Guitars 1 also did this album. We had the jackets for the 12" LP's silk screened."

These are up now!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, cobannaboc said:

Long lost Richard Houghton records up for sale on his Bandcamp:

https://bloomypetal.bandcamp.com/album/west-coast-domination-2005

yeah, i got the email, played some of the rip and bought it right away. pretty interesting. NOS mom's garage finds are always interesting.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Thanks for the heads up. This guys stuff never stays up for long.

By the way, if anyone is feeling spendy, there seems to be extremely small amounts of records on his Bloomypetal bandcamp. I thought they were all sold out long ago but it looks like there's a couple. Worth checking out.

Especially that Music by Richard Houghten record.

9 minutes ago, HoneyFrosted said:

Thanks for the heads up. This guys stuff never stays up for long.

By the way, if anyone is feeling spendy, there seems to be extremely small amounts of records on his Bloomypetal bandcamp. I thought they were all sold out long ago but it looks like there's a couple. Worth checking out.

Someday that All Guitars album will be mine. So many great tracks on that release.

• 4 weeks later...