Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered.

Do either of you Spotify it Tidal (yes I said Tidal) for listening to music? I'd much rather spend the money on other merch or tickets to see an artist live than on a CD. Maybe this is just me and I'm weird.

100% this. Paying $10 a month to hear most of my collection and almost anything else when I'm away from home is a no-brainer. More importantly, it allows me to really listen to an album a few times through to determine whether or not I truly want to own the thing. I'd be happy to pay $120 a year for regret insurance alone, but Spotify has paid for itself several times over by now with how much cashish I've saved on would be impulse buys.

Top confirmed that he added 2K more records now.

https://twitter.com/dangerookipawaa/status/707787262159953920

4000 vinyl plus non-mentioned amount of CDs to sign. K.dot probably won't be writing lyrics after those signing sessions lol. I can imagine the signatures and how they'll look by the 1000th one signed.

Here's some examples:

34xnkow.jpg

1gkjmu.jpg

So glad I chose to check the site tonight. Don't really have the funds for this atm but Kendrick has become my new Radiohead. Everything he does is golden. One more masterpiece and he'll pass Aesop Rock and Outkast as my all-time favorites of the genre.

Hopefully they are actually signed by him.

Do either of you Spotify it Tidal (yes I said Tidal) for listening to music? I'd much rather spend the money on other merch or tickets to see an artist live than on a CD. Maybe this is just me and I'm weird.

For a forum that values physical media, everyone around here sure does have a problem with CDs. Streaming is harmful for music as an artform and I refuse to stream anything but shitty 90s sitcoms on Netflix.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/12/29/461381862/musician-david-lowery-sues-spotify-for-copyright-infringement

For a forum that values physical media, everyone around here sure does have a problem with CDs. Streaming is harmful for music as an artform and I refuse to stream anything but shitty 90s sitcoms on Netflix.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/12/29/461381862/musician-david-lowery-sues-spotify-for-copyright-infringement

Valid points, but I spend thousands of dollars a year on new and used music. Streaming services allow me to "sample the wares" if you will. Especially for artists whose labels don't post any music to Soundcloud, Youtube, or have a Bandcamp page. I recognize that's not how most folks use it, but some do. I buy enough music that if I didn't have Spotify, there are artists that would never get my dollar at all because I would never spend money on something that I couldn't hear a bit of first. Plus, Spotify allows me to listen to large portion of my legally acquired physical collection when I'm away from home so there isn't any loss of income for the artist (or of hard drive space for me) represented there at all. Just playing DA and mounting a defense for "responsible" streaming.