Kendrick Lamar - untitled unmastered.

I have to wonder if he's even still signing them at this point. It's just a "K", pretty easy to get some help with that

Truth. Happy to eventually own this on wax but much less excited about the signature. With as fast as the first 2K sold out, no way they haven't sold 2K more. Sufjan moved 10K copies of the limited Carrie and Lowell variant in less time than this. I realize that release was cheaper but it also wasn't "signed" by a grammy-winning, platinum-selling artist with a massive audience. That being said, I can't see how it's going to actually be Kendrick's signature on all these. Hate to say it but starting to feel more like a cash grab for TDE.

Truth. Happy to eventually own this on wax but much less excited about the signature. With as fast as the first 2K sold out, no way they haven't sold 2K more. Sufjan moved 10K copies of the limited Carrie and Lowell variant in less time than this. I realize that release was cheaper but it also wasn't "signed" by a grammy-winning, platinum-selling artist with a massive audience. That being said, I can't see how it's going to actually be Kendrick's signature on all these. Hate to say it but starting to feel more like a cash grab for TDE.

I agree. The signature does not mean shit to me unless Kendrick signed it for me in person.

Over 2,000 records does seem like a lot of records for one person to sign to me. I still think they could sell through a huge amount of this album even without the autographs so I don't really understand why they would increase the autographs from 2,000 instead of just selling the album without the autographs once the 2,000 sold out.

Over 2,000 records does seem like a lot of records for one person to sign to me. I still think they could sell through a huge amount of this album even without the autographs so I don't really understand why they would increase the autographs from 2,000 instead of just selling the album without the autographs once the 2,000 sold out.

Cause that means that people would rather then wait out for the record to reach regular shops then and I'm pretty sure it's straight profit for TDE to keep people buying the album on their site with that incentive ie autograph.

I just contacted the distributor for the Kendrick vinyl and they replied:

Hello,

Thank you for choosing Delivery Agent. 
There are only 2000 of this product in the signed edition. are you sure you want this order cancelled and refunded, the offer will not be repeated. 

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Michael P
Customer Service
www.deliveryagent.com

Just to be sure I'm not completely losing it, the statement by customer service isn't true, right?

I just contacted the distributor for the Kendrick vinyl and they replied:

Just to be sure I'm not completely losing it, the statement by customer service isn't true, right?

When the product page was originally posted it said the project was limited to 2000 copies. After an hour or so the page read SOLD OUT. Shortly after, Top Dawg's CEO tweeted that he was about to restock 2K more. From there, the page was changed to remove any mention of it being limited to 2K and signed LP was made available again. That was about 48 hours ago and the page still shows autographed copies as being available. The distributor's statement is consistent with the message on the original product but contradicts info from TDE's CEO and the current product page. Hard to tell what is going on at this point.

When the product page was originally posted it said the project was limited to 2000 copies. After an hour or so the page read SOLD OUT. Shortly after, Top Dawg's CEO tweeted that he was about to restock 2K more. From there, the page was changed to remove any mention of it being limited to 2K and signed LP was made available again. That was about 48 hours ago and the page still shows autographed copies as being available. The distributor's statement is consistent with the message on the original product but contradicts info from TDE's CEO and the current product page. Hard to tell what is going on at this point.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I bought a copy during the hour or so that the original 2000 were available and it explicitly said that it was limited to 2000. Now that they've been selling this for two days, it's barely even limited anymore. 

Yeah, that's what I thought. I bought a copy during the hour or so that the original 2000 were available and it explicitly said that it was limited to 2000. Now that they've been selling this for two days, it's barely even limited anymore. 

It begs the question of whether you purchased the album because KL signed it or because it was limited. I understand that both of these probably factor into your personal equation, but which is more important to you? 

Mar 11, 10:20 PM EST

Kendrick Lamar Cancels World Tour

BY DAVID S. SPUDNICK

Associated Press

aee44fc32e47f07b5fe3050745ad94ac_XL.jpg

LOS ANGELES, CA -- A spokesman for American musician Kendrick Lamar has today revealed the hip-hop star plans to cancel all future tour dates as he tries diligently to keep up with demand for his newly released vinyl record album, made available as a signed limited edition from the rapper’s official web store.

“We originally were going to offer a mere two thousand” the 28 year old from Compton told the AP “but when the orders started pouring in, I felt I owed it to the fans that made me the success I am today to continue to autograph and all the kids out there who desire an autographed copy get their wish.”

The pre-order count currently sits at 4.8 million copies, with a reported 30,000-40,000 additional preorders coming in per hour. A Top Dawg Entertainment spokesman has confirmed several addition servers have been added to their web store to meet demand for these signed copies.

In related news, Mr. Lamar has also revealed he has scrapped any follow-up albums as he focuses his attention on working through the piles of albums still left unsigned.