PO: Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary 3LP reissue

52a22cbb-8955-45f2-8317-53bf3e455bdc.jpg

Announced this morning:

Apologies to the Queen Mary will be reissued worldwide on 3xLP/DL May 13th. It features the original album, now as a double LP + the band’s self-titled EPs (released in 2003 and 2004), both of which are making their vinyl debut. Includes the previously unreleased track “Snakes on the Ladder”. All remastered from their original versions by Harris Newman at Grey Market Mastering. 

Loser Edition deluxe three-color vinyl ($26), plus t-shirt/print bundle ($45) and black vinyl version ($26) are available for preorder here: http://wolfparade.store-08.com/pre-order/

Loser Edition is also available direct from Sub Pop for about $4 less (shipped in the US): https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/wolf_parade/apologies_to_the_queen_mary_deluxe_edition

I'm hoping that it'll show up in some record stores. I already own the OP (and those who don't, you'll probably find some cheap second-hand ones once this is out - this is such an essential album). I never liked any of the stuff they put out after this quite as much as Apologies - and I revisit this record all the time.

I'm hoping that it'll show up in some record stores. I already own the OP (and those who don't, you'll probably find some cheap second-hand ones once this is out - this is such an essential album). I never liked any of the stuff they put out after this quite as much as Apologies - and I revisit this record all the time.

Agree, Expo 86 was alright, but nothing came even close to this.

I've never been a Wolf Parade fan, in fact I couldn't stand what they were doing when they hit the scene, but did finally listen to this album a few times about 4 years ago as it's well-regarded for 2005. and I liked a few tracks. Based on the attractiveness of this package I decided to revisit the album today. And still, aside from those few songs I can't help but hear what I initially heard in 2005 - a Modest Mouse copycat album that came out right after MM hit the mainstream. This and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, I couldn't stand them for having that "I wish I was Issac Brock" sound. I've never listened to that album and don't plan to, and like I said there are some quite good songs on this Wolf Parade album, but it's no classic to my ears. The production sounds pretty weak too. This one's just not for me. I'll give it that it's better than We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, at least.

I've never been a Wolf Parade fan, in fact I couldn't stand what they were doing when they hit the scene, but did finally listen to this album a few times about 4 years ago as it's well-regarded for 2005. and I liked a few tracks. Based on the attractiveness of this package I decided to revisit the album today. And still, aside from those few songs I can't help but hear what I initially heard in 2005 - a Modest Mouse copycat album that came out right after MM hit the mainstream. This and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, I couldn't stand them for having that "I wish I was Issac Brock" sound. I've never listened to that album and don't plan to, and like I said there are some quite good songs on this Wolf Parade album, but it's no classic to my ears. The production sounds pretty weak too. This one's just not for me. I'll give it that it's better than We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, at least.

I totally get this. Revisiting indie, or whatever you wanna call it, bands that I missed years ago have a hard time registering for me now later in life. Wolf parade was a band that was huge for me back in the day, and remains to have a very sweet spot in my heart. And I was a big Hot Hot Heat fan so when I heard Dante Decaro was in a new band I was like oh helloooo

I've never been a Wolf Parade fan, in fact I couldn't stand what they were doing when they hit the scene, but did finally listen to this album a few times about 4 years ago as it's well-regarded for 2005. and I liked a few tracks. Based on the attractiveness of this package I decided to revisit the album today. And still, aside from those few songs I can't help but hear what I initially heard in 2005 - a Modest Mouse copycat album that came out right after MM hit the mainstream. This and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, I couldn't stand them for having that "I wish I was Issac Brock" sound. I've never listened to that album and don't plan to, and like I said there are some quite good songs on this Wolf Parade album, but it's no classic to my ears. The production sounds pretty weak too. This one's just not for me. I'll give it that it's better than We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, at least.

I wonder if you are saying this because you know that the album was produced by Isaac Brock - so I can't imagine that they're pretending to not be very Modest Mouse-esque. I always liked the squelchy keyboard sound of their early stuff - it was buried more in their later albums.

I totally get this. Revisiting indie, or whatever you wanna call it, bands that I missed years ago have a hard time registering for me now later in life. Wolf parade was a band that was huge for me back in the day, and remains to have a very sweet spot in my heart. 

Yes that can be true for any genre, sometimes you need the cultural context to truly appreciate something. But I heard Wolf Parade back in 2005, just not the whole album. 

I wonder if you are saying this because you know that the album was produced by Isaac Brock - so I can't imagine that they're pretending to not be very Modest Mouse-esque. I always liked the squelchy keyboard sound of their early stuff - it was buried more in their later albums.

I had no idea the album was produced by Issac Brock until I read your comment. At least I don't remember ever learning that factoid.