PO: Boyfrndz - Impulse (5/27 release date)

one of my favorite bands from the last few years 

check it out

http://www.brutalpandarecords.com/products/boyfrndz-impulse

Austin, TX experimental psych rockers BOYFRNDZ return with their most mature and expansive material to date. Recorded at Uniform Studios with producer Jeff Zeigler (War On Drugs, Kurt Vile, Nothing), Impulse is a cerebral and emotive sonic journey. Complete with celestial melodies, propulsive rhythms and the soaring, ethereal falsetto of vocalist/guitarist Scott Martin, BOYFRNDZ have created a dark, cerebral work of chilling atmosphere and timeless soulful majesty.

Vinyl pressing is limited to 700 copies and comes with a lyric insert and digital download of the full album.

• 7 Test Presses
  • 100 Clear w/ Red/Black Splatter
  • 200 Gold
  • 400 Black

***This is a PRE-ORDER.  Items will be shipped on or before the 5/27 release date

Catalog#: BPR-31 

Dug this news so much I jumped the gun and started my own thread about it! Haha.

haha.

yeah I was super psyched about this.

saw them open up for Trail of Dead .

so good.

still looking for that dumb cassette release of their first LP.  grrr.

but so so happy for this.

Austin experimental psych rockers BOYFRNDZ are back and ready to release their third full-length effort, Impulse, later this spring. The lead single is the ethereal “Hiatus.” After the opening lulls you into a trance with dreamy, quivering guitars, intricate, rolling drum work comes in heavy with Scott Martin’s tender high-pitched vocals to balance. The stuttering, military feel of the drums breaks up the lingering guitar for a discordant feeling of floating rhythms. The quartet plays off of that tension until the last 45 seconds, when everything explodes into an intoxicating, consuming energy. That cathartic crescendo mirrors the sentiments of being consumed by emotions in a relationship as Martin so delicately sings “Based solely on what feels good/ I’m rearranging what else could/ It’s so endearing fearing her/ I’m caught, elated, without words.” Check it out.

http://www.stereogum.com/1864041/boyfrndz-hiatus-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

new song

Snagged a test. Have one for Breeder as well.

Saw these guys @ Saint Vitus the same night Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic did that celebrity Nirvana tribute gig. I literally almost cried when I read that the next morning. Just had to linger around the venue a few more hours :(.

I was going to go to that show too but couldn't find anyone to go with.

would have been heartbroken that I missed the almost Nirvana show too.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...