Record Store Day 2016

RSD has become the predictor of future half-off bins at your local. This year is such a garbage dump. Frankie Goes To Hollywood fans are totally stoked but once again we are reminded that your independent label is now backlogged thanks to a picture disc featuring the mug of that guy from Disturbed. Seriously, to get the stuff that will sell the locals will get saddled with so much total junk it's amazing - it's becoming corporate welfare for major labels to have some genius run their finger through the back catalogue, announce it as an RSD Exclusive repress then force the local to take 15 copies to get the stuff that will sell. My local now has two full bins of past RSD releases going back a few years. 

I'd like that Lush set but at /2000 I think I can sit this one out and find it online which is exactly the attitude RSD is supposed to inspire against. 

vintage vinyl?

RSD has become the predictor of future half-off bins at your local. This year is such a garbage dump. Frankie Goes To Hollywood fans are totally stoked but once again we are reminded that your independent label is now backlogged thanks to a picture disc featuring the mug of that guy from Disturbed. Seriously, to get the stuff that will sell the locals will get saddled with so much total junk it's amazing - it's becoming corporate welfare for major labels to have some genius run their finger through the back catalogue, announce it as an RSD Exclusive repress then force the local to take 15 copies to get the stuff that will sell. My local now has two full bins of past RSD releases going back a few years.

I'd like that Lush set but at /2000 I think I can sit this one out and find it online which is exactly the attitude RSD is supposed to inspire against.

Wow, this list is garbage. I'd have to run through it again, but there are only 3 things that appeal to me, the NOFX, the Ramones (which I already have so I'll pass), and the Joe Strummer. and if that 12" single has the same tracks as the original release, I'll just buy that on discogs for $15 cheaper instead of getting this repress.

It's unfortunate, but I'd rather wake up at 4am to wait in like for 4 hours for just that NOFX 7" than pay $50 for it online. Being NOFX I don't see that price going down.

I REALLY want that Weepies "Say I Am You" with the autographed poster, along with some of the usual suspects...Phish, Mew, Deftones, Twenty One Pilots, and Emmy Lou Harris.

"Wrecking Ball" is soooooo good, and the original Grapevine press is a little noisy. Might be suckered in to paying $40 for it again. :rolleyes:

If my local does not get the Weepies, hopefully one will stick around at Bull Moose until Monday.

John Grant - Queen of Demark is getting its first US press.

Everybody needs this record. I have two of the Bella Union pressing as I want to be listening to it for the rest of my existence.

I guess I'll get in line this year. I want the Bleachers, Borns, Twenty One Pilots and Star Wars. I'm going to have to find a buddy in the UK too to help me out with the Roo Panes. 

I am planning on doing (as I have for the last two years) a VC USA shopping list for anything that is UK exclusive. I cannot guarantee my place in line until I find out my work schedule, but I've seen the draft and things look good at the moment. Will know on March 20th. I already have two releases on the shopping list.

Also, this year's UK list PDF looks like it wasn't written by my 4 year old, so I should have a UK only (or more accurately non-US) list to post in the next 24 hours.