Record Store Day 2016

Annnnnnnnd the RSD bitching has returned.

I know bitching about the bitching is hypocritical of me, but oh well.

I get it, though.  Everything is overpriced, people lining up are stupid, the list blows, everyone is stupid I HATE VINYLZZZZZZZ blah blah blah.

I am hyped for Saturday, as I am every year, and hope I can get everything I want.  In fact, my want list might be bigger than ever, and the store I'm going to literally listed everything I want.  I feel sorry for everyone who has such a problem with the day.  Living in NE Ohio has it's perks I guess.  Every record store I go to is calm, the people are cool, and I usually find everything I want.  And if I don't, nice folks here at VC usually are able to help out.

All and all, a win for me.

haha finally a positive poster! A bunch of great releases in one day what's not to like!?

I don't let the line people bother me because I'm usually in one of the first 5 spots  :lol:

I can't make it this year but I'm still excited to get what I can online. 

Oh, the Music On Vinyl site lists it as a single LP. http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/mew/and-the-glass-handed-kites-rsd-2016

That said I've also seen it listed as a 2000-copy silver vinyl, a 2000-copy transparent run and I'm sure I read something about there being pink copies too. If you're able to clarify it more I'd be hugely appreciative!

well....this looks a little more legitimate than simply posting "it's a double"

Annnnnnnnd the RSD bitching has returned.

I know bitching about the bitching is hypocritical of me, but oh well.

I get it, though. Everything is overpriced, people lining up are stupid, the list blows, everyone is stupid I HATE VINYLZZZZZZZ blah blah blah.

I am hyped for Saturday, as I am every year, and hope I can get everything I want. In fact, my want list might be bigger than ever, and the store I'm going to literally listed everything I want. I feel sorry for everyone who has such a problem with the day. Living in NE Ohio has it's perks I guess. Every record store I go to is calm, the people are cool, and I usually find everything I want. And if I don't, nice folks here at VC usually are able to help out.

All and all, a win for me.

I'm actually pretty happy with the list. There's maybe ten things I would add to my collection. All but two are actual new releases. So I'm actually super stoked. Last year all I got was the RHP box.

As an FYI - SlyVinyl.com is having a ton of giveaways and a Vault sale in celebration of RSD.

No RSD-official releases, but you know how we do. :-)

A chance to snag our very last copies of our sold out releases at retail.  BSBD Noir anyone? Test Presses too!

Giveaways are live now - Vault sale begins on RSD at  8:00 am MDT

As an FYI - SlyVinyl.com is having a ton of giveaways and a Vault sale in celebration of RSD.

No RSD-official releases, but you know how we do. :-)

A chance to snag our very last copies of our sold out releases at retail.  BSBD Noir anyone? Test Presses too!

Giveaways are live now - Vault sale begins on RSD.

Giveaways yaasssss

RSD list says /1000, but fat posted that its /3000 today. don't think it will be hard to find.

Apparently there was a screw up on this one (NOFX "Sid & Nancy")- according to my Fat rep they only ended up getting 750 so all stores orders were cut by more than half so it will be hard to get. We ordered 50 and only got 20 of them.

Ok, I got the go-ahead to post what to expect!

The Vault Sale will take place at this URL here: http://store.slyvinyl.com/collections/the-vault

And available at a first come, first serve basis will be:

The Vault Collection 2016

Products will drop in here in very limited quantities on April 16th at 8am Mountain Time / Denver Time.

What we will have in stock.

• Noir 2nd pressing - 17 copies
  • 88 Ultra - 5 copies, 1 misprint 88 ultra copy
  • Way Yes -7 copies - no number editions
  • Damascus - 5 copies of haze
  • Damascus - Hand Printed cover #6/500 signed by the band
  • Noir 1st press - 2 copies no numbers Colored Vinyl
  • Such Hounds - 1 test press
  • Sly Shirts - 3 mediums, 3 smalls, 7 XLs

I go to Sonic Boom, but I understand why people go to Easy Street, Silver Platters, Everyday, etc. instead. On the plus side, they've got an updated RSD inventory and cost on their site, so you'll know what to expect.

https://www.sonicboomrecords.com/

Because it is small, the owner only lets in a certain number of people at a time, so it behooves you to show up early. They regularly open at 10a on Saturdays & won't change that for RSD, so even if you're in line early you'll be there longer than at other stores.