Record Store Day 2016

So, this is prolly gonna be the first time for me lining up super early (I absolutely need that Pinback repress!) - do most people really go there the night before, or will I still have a chance if I show up at 5 am?

I was thinking of going to Streetlight in San Jose, since they told me they've got 5 copies of the record I want, but the record store closest to me doesn't know what they have (rasputin in concord - edit, actually pleasant hill but w.e). Any bay area natives have any experience in these stores and might know if rasputin will get the one I want and if streetlight in SJ will be super busy??

Rasputins is very spotty on RSD, I wouldn't recommend them. Ive never been to Streetlight for RSD but I would recommend 1-2-3-4 Go! Records in Oakland. I've gone there the past 3 years for RSD and they're great with a lot of stock. Also they open at 8 so if you strike out you still have time to hit some other stores.

Oh, the Music On Vinyl site lists it as a single LP. http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/mew/and-the-glass-handed-kites-rsd-2016

That said I've also seen it listed as a 2000-copy silver vinyl, a 2000-copy transparent run and I'm sure I read something about there being pink copies too. If you're able to clarify it more I'd be hugely appreciative!

Sorry about the misinfo. I was convinced because of the weight it was a double but I got in to one and it's totally a single. My bad.

it sounds like sony's legacy label is doing the US release of glass handed kites and that comes in a gatefold? i'm assuming that's the grey pressing

also, it sounds very good. possibly a tiny bit muddier towards the centre but that might be me hearing things that aren't there. plus a pressing defect that doesn't seem to be having an effect on the sound fortunately EDIT: loud clicks in the quiet outro of seething rain weeps for you :(

gn0aDdcl.jpg

i can't tell if it's been remastered or not but there is still that weird bit at the end of an envoy to the open fields where the levels don't sound quite right