Record Store Day 2016

I went and camped out, knowing last year people were here at 11pm the night before. 2am and still the only one here... Ah well, it's nice knowing I should be able to grab everything on my list. This shop is cool and just posts everything they got on their Facebook the night before.

tradition is the only good reason for camping out this year.  The past few years (+black friday) there have been a group of kids that always prove to be entertaining and they're either first or very close.  This is year 8 for me now and tradition is one of two reasons I'm going, because my wants are probably not sought after this year.

Reason #2 is waiting in line behind hundreds of people by the time they open.  I would much rather wait in line with some quiet, dedicated folk instead of so many more.  Out of work in 90minutes, then off I go!

Happy hunting.

edit: year 8

That pi back looks nice. Wasn't on my list but might try now.

I have mixed feelings about this.  I haven't really listened to Pinback ever, save for a few songs, so I want to pick it up if I can.

On the other hand, it kind of seems like a dick move since there will probably be someone who really wants it behind me. or you.

This is a long shot, but if you want to give it a shot you can add any of these to your cart now.  Looks like the don't charge until things ship though, so I would imagine a lot of these wouldn't go through.  Worth a shot though for those not wanting to stand in lines.

http://www.gotocdworld.com/Lists/RSD.asp

That happened to us last year. He was wearing a beat up leather jacket and kept talking about the Beatles concerts happening in Honolulu and Havana the following weekend..

He started quoting Led Zeppelin lyrics to me because I said he probably wouldnt know many of the things I was interested in getting...