Record Store Day 2016

Grabbed the Radical Face box (my main want) Xiu Xiu, Appleseed Cast and Death.

Successful day and I only had to wait about 3.5 hours.

My friend went for me and I almost had her grab the Radical Face box... kind of regretting not getting it now :/

Also, for people looking for Mac Demarco, apparently Park Ave in Orlando, FL had a bunch(5+) of them about an hour ago. Limit is 1 per customer.

Did a 3 store tour this morning, and didn't really end up getting RSD-specific albums for myself, though picked up 4 different things for VCers. I did however get Okkervil River's the Stage Names for super cheap, a record I always have been meaning to get but never actually picked up. I also got Sturgill Simpson's A Sailor's Guide to Earth and Margo Price's Midwest Farmer's Daughter (both are fantastic for anyone who loves raw old school country). I considered the Emmylou Harris and Big Star, but both were close to $50, which was too much for me.

In Toronto, June Records had a small but reasonable selection, and I found it really easy to get in and out of the store with everything I wanted in about ten minutes.

Rotate This had way too much of everything, and the world's slowest checkout line. I can guarantee that if you're looking for something that isn't too rare, you can go tomorrow and get it there. I can only imagine what their RSD discount bin will look like in a couple of months. They also had a stack of about 20 Shadowy Men boxes (they were originally from Toronto, so I guess that would be why). They didn't really seem to be flying off the shelves...

I think the biggest shame about this RSD was that so many of the records were so crazy expensive. There were albums I might have considered had they been a more appropriate price, but I wasn't willing to pay the some of the prices. 

Got everything I wanted! Great RSD experience, got to the Salt Lake City Graywhale about an hour before opening. They were awesome and helped me find everything, ended up getting the last copy of a few of these. 

-Bleachers

-Borns

-Andrew McMahon & the Wilderness

-Wolf Alice

-Twenty One Pilots 

CgLu4PyUEAAyuKK.jpg