Record Store Day 2016

Hopefully someone here lives near the Strictly Disc store. Look at their Instagram page. They are putting out 600+ records on rsd

An original press of Aenima by Tool and a '96 European press of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins will be there

I do, but that place will be packed all morning.

I really want some of those freebies.. specifically the Bob Mould zine/live cd and that 'favorite album covers' zine.

I doubt either of these will be too hard to get. The album covers thing is just a fold-out and those always seem to last forever, and since the Mould thing is both A a CD and B released by Merge, who usually manage pressing quantities well, I think it'll stick around.

On a related note, this year's RSD bag looks killer!

Couldn't be bothered with queueing for that length of time. I showed up about an hour and a half before opening time last year, was second in line and got the only RHP box they had. There's always lot's of Bowie fans at the front of queues here. All desperate for the latest 10,000 copy repressing of an old single. I don't think it will be as crazy this year all round. Any of my wants should be easy gets even after RSD. 

I'll be showing up around 3 for a shop that opens at 8, then immediately lining up at the next stop that opens a 11:30, then immediately at the final stop that opens at noon. Usually don't even have any money or need to get anything else by the third shop, but it's always fun to do a record store crawl.

Couldn't be bothered with queueing for that length of time...

...Any of my wants should be easy gets even after RSD. 

I took a camp chair and a brand new book managed to squeeze in a couple of hours sleep too. Was 4th in line.

I'm feeling the same about this year, I'm probably going to swing by my favourite shop the day after and see what's left behind. Never really a metal crowd so I may find they have the few items I want. If I was a Lush fan I'd definitely be camping out on the street again but thankfully not.

Lush is this years RHP - right down to the outer pizza box :)

There's 3 shops here doing RSD this year and they all open at the same time. Hopefully the local giganto-store which tries to be all things to all men attracts the riff raff and Crosley crowd and my fave store will be quiet enough and is guaranteed to have what I'm after.

London is always a dogfight, that's why if you're not there early you might as well not bother. The particular street my favourite shop is on has two or three record stores on it and they close the road and put up a stage in the street. Saw Frank Turner a couple of years back. Atmosphere is nice but similarly a large contingent are only out to get "dad rock" re-issue singles. Crowds and queues stay hours long way into the afternoon.