Record Store Day 2016

the prices i'm seeing stores post on instagram are making me really nervous for this year. I saw a store post that ODB picture disc at $28.99 and it's two fucking songs. Apparently that Nothing 12" is $18.99. I feel like last year I got a lot of stuff super fair and I didn't even spend $100 even though I got a lot of full length material. Here's to hoping it's just stores those stores marking stuff up really bad.

After having a nose it appears that the Mew 'And The Glass Handed Kites' album is only a single LP. It doesn't seem to be missing tracks but it's a 55 minute-long album. I really hope it doesn't end up sounding like crap after all of this time waiting for it...

Hmm, I just kind of assumed it was 2 X LP due to the length, but I guess nothing actually says that anywhere.  

the prices i'm seeing stores post on instagram are making me really nervous for this year. I saw a store post that ODB picture disc at $28.99 and it's two fucking songs. Apparently that Nothing 12" is $18.99. I feel like last year I got a lot of stuff super fair and I didn't even spend $100 even though I got a lot of full length material. Here's to hoping it's just stores those stores marking stuff up really bad.

Yeah the prices are ridiculous. I've looked at a fair few price lists for stores in the UK here all with similarly insane prices. The Nothing 12" always clocks in around £17.99 (which is approx. $25). The Libertines 6x7" box set is £71/$100 and the basic Requiem for a Dream 2xLP soundtrack is £32/$45. It's getting a bit out of hand.

Yeah the prices are ridiculous. I've looked at a fair few price lists for stores in the UK here all with similarly insane prices. The Nothing 12" always clocks in around £17.99 (which is approx. $25). The Libertines 6x7" box set is £71/$100 and the basic Requiem for a Dream 2xLP soundtrack is £32/$45. It's getting a bit out of hand.

£70 for six 7" records? Is Pete Doherty back on the drugs or something?