Record Store Day 2016

Line at amoeba was all the way around the block at 7 a.m. but I got everything I wanted, and a couple impulse buys:

Lush - Origami

Pearl Charles

Blonde Redhead 7"

ODB novelty record

Air 12" for a friend

Bat for Lashes flexidisc

Also grabbed a non-rsd release at the record parlour a block away:

Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Ain't that a bitch

I didn't have a large list this year, just the Circa/mwY split and The Wizards - Purple Magic LP which I found both of which is surprising because my record store doesn't always carry everything I want. My record store also hid a free, signed Front Bottoms' Back on Top LP in their used section and I just so happened to find it. Not too many things on my list but this was the best RSD for me yet.

Had an awesome RSD, was able to grab everything I wanted. Pinback, Stephan Jenkins, Nothing, Mew, Sublime, Deftones, Weepies (didn't realize it had an autographed insert!), and Outkast.

Really liked how the store ran things- they had all RSD stuff at a counter where the line comes through and you told them what you want and they grabbed it for you - with a limit of 4 RSD releases each time you come through the line. I was first in line, waited from midnight through the morning but some really cool people with great music taste and personality were lined up around me, honestly had a blast hanging with them all night. It flew by.

Outside of RSD stuff, I purchased a sealed copy of Dave Matthews Band - Before These Crowded Streets from a guy I found on Craigslist who used to work for RCA, for a really nice price. Can't stop looking at it. Thank you vinyl gods.