Record Store Day 2016

I don't know anything about this site, or anything else.  I did find this link posted on the stevehoffman site.  Might be worth investigating

https://www.sirendisc.com/cgi/panel.cgi/?usr_type=usr_art&usr_str=White+Stripes#TOP

They say they've been online since 1995. The design of their webstore could make you think it was still 1995!

So weird question, but did anyone who bought the Iron Maiden release not have a number on the back?  Mine just show ____/6000.  There is not actual number.  Not a big deal because I don't care, was just curious.

EDIT: found people selling this same type of copy on eBay as "RARE ERROR"..... doesnt make sense to me. Guess people are stupid enough to buy into it.

I just purchased SDF from Saki (Chicago, IL) online. Hopefully it goes through? Is this really limited to 100?

I'd be surprised if this is true. I headed to Banquet in the UK at about 2pm and there was about 10 or so SDF records in there. I'd suggest there is probably still some there right now.

I don't like RSD. But if I can turn up hours after everyone, walk in and grab the 2 things I want (The other was Nothing) and be out within 5 minutes every year, I'll be happy with that.

So weird question, but did anyone who bought the Iron Maiden release not have a number on the back?  Mine just show ____/6000.  There is not actual number.  Not a big deal because I don't care, was just curious.

EDIT: found people selling this same type of copy on eBay as "RARE ERROR"..... doesnt make sense to me. Guess people are stupid enough to buy into it.

Yeah, last year there was an Elvis 10" that a lot of them got printed with 2 Side B lables and people were selling them on ebay as a "rare mispress".

So weird question, but did anyone who bought the Iron Maiden release not have a number on the back? Mine just show ____/6000. There is not actual number. Not a big deal because I don't care, was just curious.

My buddy got #1/6000 and quickly got $200 on eBay for it.

Will anyone else get a kind of 'buyer's remorse' today when they realize something they wanted badly and waited in line for is not popular with everyone else, and it seems like every store is still trying to sell that record two days later?

If you wanted it badly then it shouldn't matter that everyone else doesn't give a shit. Maybe you can feel remorse because you waited in line when you could have scooped it up easily.

Will anyone else get a kind of 'buyer's remorse' today when they realize something they wanted badly and waited in line for is not popular with everyone else, and it seems like every store is still trying to sell that record two days later?

I bought 3 things this year (The Guest soundtrack, The White Stripes, and Jazz Dispensary: Cosmic Stash).

hnuB6rx.gif

Pretty surprised by the demand for the Xiu Xiu record. I guess it's the resurgent popularity of Twin Peaks driving that - the record rules though. If you are at all a fan of the music from the show, definitely grab it. it rules (and is light years better than that  Music of David Lynch concert set).

Part of the fun is the thrill of the hunt for me, so even if something is available later on, I don't regret lining up.  Plus, most stuff you can usually find online after the fact, so lining up isn't entirely necessary at this point.  

My wife is awesome so she puts up with my vinyl craziness and takes part with me & gets up at stupid hours to line up with me, and we usually entertain ourselves in line to make the wait go by faster.

Nope. If I wanted it, why would I car if everyone else wants it? I didn't buy it the current cash value

My copy of requiem for a dream has quite a bit of clicks and surface noise at times. Not the worst though. Might need to clean it I guess. Even though it's pressed on black I always feel like movie scores have more surface noise than regular albums

I don't know your musical background and what kinds of music you listen to, but movie scores likely have lots of quite passages, which make you hear possible problems with playback more clearly, just because there's less music to cover it. I agree with your statement, but it also holds truth on other 'quiet' genres such as ambient and neo-classical.

Walked into a record store here in Toronto today. For those local here, Sunrise in Cloverdale. I could not believe the gouging by the store. 7" records were priced at a whopping $18.98. Can you believe that! What a joke. I get our dollar is weak, but thats just insane. The only decent priced record was Soviet Kitsch. Picked that up. The only other thing I wanted was the David Bowie TMWSTW pic disc which I found at SRC vinyl. It was pricey too, but scooped it up because I love that song.