and i thought buying instruments on ebay was a good idea...

i guess his description was accurate "i have taken care of this bad well" lol.

just file a claim and get a refund, that deal isn't insane anyway. a mexican made fender should re-sell for about $300 in good-great condition because there is so little demand for MIM fenders and so many constantly coming up on the market. that thing is trashed, get your money back.

i will say, i've bought a lot of instruments online and haven't had many bad experiences. sure it's always preferable to try them but that's not just always a possibility, especially if you're looking for something specific. i've never bought a $1000+ guitar from a solid seller and had it turn out to be anything less than an exceptional instrument. it's always hard to find one with the "mojo" but you've kind of got to roll the dice, especially on ebay where the only reputation is your feedback. 

Returns accepted. You should get stuck for shipping or whatever but that's the risk you take.

The fact that the seller can barely form a sentence would have been enough to scare me away.

PS this should probably be in the "everything else" forum, if not in the axe/gear topic.

fuck so sorry, started the topic in wrong tab

i guess his description was accurate "i have taken care of this bad well" lol.

just file a claim and get a refund, that deal isn't insane anyway. a mexican made fender should re-sell for about $300 in good-great condition because there is so little demand for MIM fenders and so many constantly coming up on the market. that thing is trashed, get your money back.

i will say, i've bought a lot of instruments online and haven't had many bad experiences. sure it's always preferable to try them but that's not just always a possibility, especially if you're looking for something specific. i've never bought a $1000+ guitar from a solid seller and had it turn out to be anything less than an exceptional instrument. it's always hard to find one with the "mojo" but you've kind of got to roll the dice, especially on ebay where the only reputation is your feedback. 

ya now that i read his description, i feel so stupid. like its so obvious, i asked for it..  

ive been on the market for 2 months now for a MIM and its the best deal ive found, seems like the prices are up a lot recently. not sure what happened. 

now the dude is insulting me, telling me its the deal of the century and that sits karma hitting me back for being such a dickhead. because i didnt want to send the extra money he wanted. aaaanyway... ya i filed a dispute through the buyer protection program, all is well i suppose. its just a lot of problems.

be cautious guys!

Ugggggg I've been there before (les Paul). Came with a crack at the neck. Needless to say I was pissed.

Try going through PayPal for a refund. They made me jump through some stupid ass hoops but in the end I got one.

Sorry for your loss :(

uhh that sucks, i hope i have a better experience with the refund

You should try and get a sizable partial refund and use that money to fix it up. Those pups aren't hard to replace, and assuming those cracks are only on the paint and not in the body you can suck it up or get it repainted.

No warping on the neck or anything? It looks like this dude dropped it in his garage and didn't pick it up until he sold it to you 5 years later.

You should try and get a sizable partial refund and use that money to fix it up. Those pups aren't hard to replace, and assuming those cracks are only on the paint and not in the body you can suck it up or get it repainted.

No warping on the neck or anything? It looks like this dude dropped it in his garage and didn't pick it up until he sold it to you 5 years later.

i kinda thought about it but the rust makes me think humidity got in the wood. also the dude is prety hostile, keeps saying that im a dick and that its in great condition so no chance of dealing with him. i actually looked at videos on youtube earlier this week because i might try a paintjob since i didnt like the color. still want to try doing it on something else though