Record Store Day 2016 Request Thread

How about instead of grabbing as many as you can you just take 1 of what you want (and I mean actually want) and let someone else in the queue behind you have a stab at it too?

Really starting to intensely dislike the whole RSD concept, or more what it's become

Because some of us are massive fans and he is giving us a shot at acquiring one

Looks like Nirvana and Parkway Drive are the popular ones right now.

I've totted up my PMs and requests in the two threads and so far:

Nirvana: 4 people

Pinkshiny whatsitcalled: 3

Beach Slang: 2

Parkway Drive: 6 maybe 7

Architects: 2

Everything else has only been requested by one person so far.

I'm probably only going to be able to get 1 spare of anything I get at my local and so far the only thing on my own list that seems popular is Nirvana so I probably won't be able to help with that, I do make a point of getting into London the week after RSD though and tend to pick up things there so if the things people want are not sold out everywhere then there is a chance there.

Extrafox and I are going to have to pool our lists nearer the day I think to have have a chance of getting some of these. So far I've had one PM for Parkway Drive.

I have a feeling there are some things that are in the US list that I want so that might be a way of us helping each other, has anyone done any lists of the things that are county specific only?

How about instead of grabbing as many as you can you just take 1 of what you want (and I mean actually want) and let someone else in the queue behind you have a stab at it too?

Really starting to intensely dislike the whole RSD concept, or more what it's become

Because some of us are massive fans and he is giving us a shot at acquiring one

So tough shit on the guy that's a massive fan that's stood behind him in the queue?

I'm assuming this is aimed at me so:

I can only buy one copy of each record, so your chances are reduced by one IF you are at the same store as me and behind me in the queue. If I'm looking to get any more, I have to go to the back of the queue like anyone else. So yeah, there's a chance I might prevent you getting a copy, but a 'massive fan' should be taking into account everyone, not just one person who is buying one copy for another 'massive fan' who is thousands of miles away. Worry about the flippers and the people who camp out 24 hours in advance, not me.

It's a double-edged sword in that the way RSD is set up inherently keeps lots of people from getting things they want anyhow between sheer luck, distribution and the required ability to be at a store that might have what you want at the asscrack of dawn.  Increasing my chances of getting any particular vinyl is an idea I've let go of a long time ago.  

Some sample prices for UK to US shipping. Insured for up to £20; no tracking (higher insurance levels and tracking available at higher cost).

Don't take these as gospel, but they won't vary by much.

1LP (up to 0.5kg): £8.60

2LPs (up to 0.75kg): £11.40

Up to 1kg: £14.00

They include Paypal fees. Paypal friends and family is slightly cheaper but you lose the Paypal safety net.

It may be possible to treat it as a group buy and send everything to one volunteer who sends things on. This would be a lot cheaper for most if not all but requires commitment and coordination. All these things will become much clearer after the UK leftovers go up online. This is one week later over here. You can sometimes find things up earlier in mainland Europe but this is strictly enforced in the UK.

Some sample prices for UK to US shipping. Insured for up to £20; no tracking (higher insurance levels and tracking available at higher cost).

Don't take these as gospel, but they won't vary by much.

1LP (up to 0.5kg): £8.60

2LPs (up to 0.75kg): £11.40

Up to 1kg: £14.00

They include Paypal fees. Paypal friends and family is slightly cheaper but you lose the Paypal safety net.

It may be possible to treat it as a group buy and send everything to one volunteer who sends things on. This would be a lot cheaper for most if not all but requires commitment and coordination. All these things will become much clearer after the UK leftovers go up online. This is one week later over here. You can sometimes find things up earlier in mainland Europe but this is strictly enforced in the UK.

I am willing to be the hub for US distribution.

I have been known on other sites (blu-ray.com/hidefninja.com) to do group buys, so I have experience.

And I am very good at packing records.

I am willing to be the hub for US distribution.

I have been known on other sites (blu-ray.com/hidefninja.com) to do group buys, so I have experience.

And I am very good at packing records.

I'm an hidef ninja member also!

Can you grab these for me?

Pinback "Blue Screen Life"

Dead Can Dance "Anastasis"

Lush "Origami" (pending price)

I live in Italy.

I'm an hidef ninja member also!

Can you grab these for me?

Pinback "Blue Screen Life"

Dead Can Dance "Anastasis"

Lush "Origami" (pending price)

I live in Italy.

I would be only be serving as a mediator (if extrafox choose too) between UK and US.

I already have 2 Lush boxsets to get, so I, unfortunately won't be able to help.

If I can (usually in my city its only 1 item per person) I'll be glad to.

I would be only be serving as a mediator (if extrafox choose too) between UK and US.

I already have 2 Lush boxsets to get, so I, unfortunately won't be able to help.

If I can (usually in my city its only 1 item per person) I'll be glad to.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If you will able to get extra copies of these please let me know!

Various Artist - Sixties Japanese garage-psych sampler

Various Artist -  Monster a go go

This is gonna be a long shot, and I also live in the US, but my two most seeked records are only out of a 1,000. If anyone comes across one in the future or wants to look out for me we can exchange numbers and stuff through PM's. Just thought I'd put that out there.

I am happy to help where I can. My local normally carries quite a bit of stuff.

This. I just don't wanna take requests cuz last year someone asked me to get the RHP box for them. My store got like one in, and it was over $100. I don't have the spare funds to essentially loan someone that money, cuz my paypal takes like a week to deposit into my bank account.

Hi there, I just stumbled upon this forum on Google and I could totally see this becoming a place where I could spend a lot of time. 

I only recently started collecting and my collection's at about 15 vinyl as of right now, but I think it's safe to say that I've already gotten the flu.

If anyone's willing to help, I'm really interested in

1. Architects - Lost Forever // Lost Together LP Clear Vinyl /DL + bonus tracks

2. DARK TRANQUILLITY - FICTION (EXPANDED EDITION LP+7) Expanded with Bonus 7"

Hi there, I just stumbled upon this forum on Google and I could totally see this becoming a place where I could spend a lot of time. 

I only recently started collecting and my collection's at about 15 vinyl as of right now, but I think it's safe to say that I've already gotten the flu.

If anyone's willing to help, I'm really interested in

1. Architects - Lost Forever // Lost Together LP Clear Vinyl /DL + bonus tracks

2. DARK TRANQUILLITY - FICTION (EXPANDED EDITION LP+7) Expanded with Bonus 7"

I'm willing to consider a new member, but as that makes you more likely to back out on me than an established person, please have a look at the UK to US shipping costs posted in this thread and see if you are still interested.

I'm willing to consider a new member, but as that makes you more likely to back out on me than an established person, please have a look at the UK to US shipping costs posted in this thread and see if you are still interested.

That's completely reasonable and I understand that concern fully, I can't blame you for that at all, considering I'd think the exact same way.

I live in Denmark, so shipping costs shouldn't be an issue.

If you do stumble upon a copy though, I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks to Deoxitizer for the offer of handling a big shipment. Will see if this can be worked closer to the time.

Happy to say that barring last minute emergencies, I will be in the queue from the early hours this year.

Have found some prices and a little more information on UK releases. Details on things people have asked for:

Lush - Origami: £86.99 (500. Possibly just the number in the UK)

Ian Brown - Solarized: £25.99

Clint Mansell & Kronos Quartet - Requiem For A Dream Soundtrack: £31.99

NGHFB - El Mexicano: £15.99

Pinkshinyultrablast: £18.99 (500)

Nirvana - Live On Kaos FM: £19.99 (500)

Architects - Lost Forever/Lost Together: £21.99 (1000 worldwide; 400 UK)

Ginger Wildheart - From G*A*S*S With Love: £16.99 (1000)

Hozier - Take Me To The Church: £12.99

The Levellers - A Weapon Called The Word: £19.99

Bardo Pond - Acid Guru Pond: £28.99 (1000)

Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites: £20.99 (2000 worldwide. Will look for more info as my source says two different colours; pink & silver)

The Adverts - Crossing The Red Sea: £26.99

The Adverts - Cast Of Thousands: £19.99

Beach Slang - Broken Thrills: £18.99

Blond Redhead - Peel Sessions: £9.99

Clutch - Elephant Riders: £19.99

Parkway Drive - Horizons: £21.99 (400 for the UK. No idea for the world. Don't hold your breath people).

Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms: £24.99 (500)

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction: £29.99 (1000)

Jack Off Jill - Sexless Demons and Scars: £19.99 (500)

Jack Off Jill - Clear Hearts Grey Flowers: £23.99 (500)

Sia - The We Meaning You Tour Live: £19.99 (1000)

Wednesday 13 - Monsters Of The Universe: £23.99 (500)

Mike Oldfield - Nuclear: £14.99

Roo Panes - Little Giant: £19.99

These prices are not from the store I use. Some may be more, some may be less. My final, backup store charges significantly more which is why I only go there if I have to.

The majority of the Architects and Parkway Drive records are not in the UK. The Placebo record was like this last year and I hoovered up a bunch from Portugal. Don't give up and dig deep into Google.

Can anybody help me getting the Trouble In Mind release of Pascal Comelade + Les Liminanas (on yellow vinyl)?

FINALLY we can formally announce our Record Store Day 2016 release: Pascal Comelade + The Limiñanas "The Nothing Twist" - this is a retitled, resequenced, rebranded version of their 2015 UK/EU release originally titled "Traité de Guitarres Triolectiques"... limited run of 300 copies on yellow!! Tell your local shop to order ASAP via Secretly Distribution!!

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/8686

Albert Hammond Jr. and NOFX are also on my list, but Liminanas first!

Thanks!