Record Store Day 2016 Request Thread

For all Beach Slang wanters and La Dispute fans, I got this from Big Scary Monsters today:

Saturday 16th April sees the return of the annual treat that is Record Store Day and we've two exclusive RSD treats for all you collectors to get your hands on. So if you're a fan of Beach Slang or La Dispute you'll want to add these beauties to your collection!

Both will be available in independent stores all over UK/Europe on Sat 16th April, with any remaining stock available via our webstore from 23rd April.

So for any La Dispute collectors, the UK edition is different from the US one. This will more than likely be the place to try and get both of these when web sales go up. Sounds like they are holding some back TBH.

If anyone is going to Third Man for RSD this year (Either the Nashville or the Detroit locations), if you can pick me up a copy of the "You are the Sunshine of my Life" 7" on "It's not Easy Being Green" colored vinyl, that would be awesome! I'll obviously pay for the record/shipping etc. Let me know! 

If anyone is going to Third Man for RSD this year (Either the Nashville or the Detroit locations), if you can pick me up a copy of the "You are the Sunshine of my Life" 7" on "It's not Easy Being Green" colored vinyl, that would be awesome! I'll obviously pay for the record/shipping etc. Let me know!

If a kind soul is picking up some for the board, I would like to be next in line for this. ;)

OK, bad news for the Parkway Drive fans. I was in my first choice RSD store today and they said they were offered it but turned it down as it's not the sort of music they normally sell (which is true). I shall contact the other big RSD store here and see what they say. Their queue starts earlier and isn't under shelter. This may mean that stores don't see a big demand for it and there could be copies readily available when they go up online. You never know.

OK, bad news for the Parkway Drive fans. I was in my first choice RSD store today and they said they were offered it but turned it down as it's not the sort of music they normally sell (which is true). I shall contact the other big RSD store here and see what they say. Their queue starts earlier and isn't under shelter. This may mean that stores don't see a big demand for it and there could be copies readily available when they go up online. You never know.

Any news on the Architects record?

There will be Parkway Drive and Architects records in some of the stores I will be going to. The universal response to Parkway Drive has been 'who?' and they are not expected to sell quickly. My experience of RSD here is that the dedicated queuers want UK acts. This year is likely to be stuff like Slaves, NG's HFB and Ian Brown.

There will be Parkway Drive and Architects records in some of the stores I will be going to. The universal response to Parkway Drive has been 'who?' and they are not expected to sell quickly. My experience of RSD here is that the dedicated queuers want UK acts. This year is likely to be stuff like Slaves, NG's HFB and Ian Brown.

Cool to hear they'll be there.

I will worship you for the rest of my life if you grab me a copy of the Architects LP, Fox. B)

posted this in the WTB thread. let me know if you wanna help me out and make some extra cash.

hey guys,

so this years RSD is on my GFs birthday and she is not down to deal with the shitstorm that is RSD. and im also not down to be the dick that does something else on her birthday.

soooooo, if anyone wants to try and grab me titles that they dont want for themselves. i'd be happy to pay for them plus 50% and shipping. just thought i'd throw it out there before i have to resort to ebay.

these are the releases i want:

Mac Demarco Demos LP

Circa Survive/ MWY Split

Death Cab 7"

The go team LP

AAR - Move Along

Best Coast 7"

Not sure if it'll be hard to get but if anyone is able to grab an extra copy of Mac DeMarco's Another One demos I'd really appreciate it.

Someone at work just quit and now I've gotta cover his Saturday shift, normally I wouldn't be too fazed but I have a fairly extensive Mac collection and I'd hate to miss this release:

41CA5339-82B8-4464-983D-D196528EEE53_zps

PM me if you're able to help! I'm LA based so shipping would be within the U.S.