Streetlight Manifesto/BOTAR Re-Issues

"NEW VINYL PRESSINGS!

Hot off of the whatever-they-make-these-with! Pentimento Music Company has released 12” vinyl record versions of Streetlight’s first release, 2002’s fancily named “Demo”, as well as the Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution 2002 release, “A Call To Arms”! Head over to www.riscstore.com to pick them up!"

www.riscstore.com

has anyone tried contacting them to see if they would allow for a media mail option? Since it now includes tracking I don't see why it would be an issue

I sent them a comment on the site. I'll let you know if I hear back. That's just outrageous. Big D and the Kids Table did a similar thing on their holiday bundles. It was $14 and when I got the records I saw it was shipped Media Mail for $3.22. Felt kinda ripped off, but I like the band so I just took the hit.

Shipping prices are a joke. Love this man's music, but I'm so fucking sick of hearing the sob story of a man who is being held to the contract he willingly signed and bought into. If the Streetlight Manifesto albums hadn't come out on Victory (let it be stated that I'm not a fan of Tony's business practices)....especially since they came out so far after the 3rd wave had died/cooled down....there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a quarter of the now-fans would've heard the albums or even known Thomas had a new project. Publicity and push from a label that has clout reaches far more people than an artist by themselves....it's why labels exist. I understand the dirty details that I've heard about the situation and legal battles....but if you sign a contract stating X number of albums belong to X label and there's a clause that states the inclusion of anything you put out after the band you're signing with....how can you pitch a fit when you're held to the contract you signed?

In closing....stoked that these are getting pressed, and I hope they sound better than the two Streetlight Manifesto LPs I have pressed under Victory

Considering each of these releases has songs technically "owned" by Victory, there is a possibility that this will get blocked and scrapped like the last Toh Kay album did. I bought both, but for those who are choosing to wait, that's probably not a bad idea.

BOTAR is all on their label. Doubt that'll get stopped.

Also I'm sure it's flying under their radar at Victory.

BOTAR is all on their label. Doubt that'll get stopped.

Also I'm sure it's flying under their radar at Victory.

That album is on their label, but Victory technically owns the songs "Dear Sergio" and "Here's to Life." Part of the lawsuit between the band and label is that Victory is asserting Tomas has infringed on their copyright of all SM/ Catch-22 songs releasing "Streetlight Lullabies" and The Hand That Thieves" without them getting any of the profits.

I doubt this will be under the radar when there's a team of lawyers scrutinizing everything Tomas/ SM is doing.

That album is on their label, but Victory technically owns the songs "Dear Sergio" and "Here's to Life." Part of the lawsuit between the band and label is that Victory is asserting Tomas has infringed on their copyright of all SM/ Catch-22 songs releasing "Streetlight Lullabies" and The Hand That Thieves" without them getting any of the profits.

I doubt this will be under the radar when there's a team of lawyers scrutinizing everything Tomas/ SM is doing.

I was under the impression that the copyright infringement part of the lawsuit was that Victory did not consider keasbey nights redux and the covers album to be part of the contract fulfillment.

We've seen bands such as reel big fish and unwritten law release new albums made up of re-recorded old songs, in both cases greatest hits. It was done because their respective labels owned the albums the songs appeared on, and they wanted to be able to have ownership of those songs again. Because the Streetlight demo and BOTAR were done before streetlight was on Victory, I'm sure these new vinyl released are fine. The cd versions of both have been in existence for years.