Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue

I didn't see any test presses for sale on rsd, but he only said he might post them. Maybe post some for sale ;)

I'm still toying with the idea. I've never sold any tests. It kind of feels dirty, but it also feels weird to hoarde them. I've got at least one copy of everything except for Lights At Sea and The Skulx.

• 4 weeks later...

You asked for it, and you got it!  We already gave our mailing list folks first crack, but there are still some test presses and some rarities up for grab via the link below.  It's not "live" on the site, so you need the link to access it.

SUPER SECRET MOMR VAULT LINK

I can't believe that I still have some Our Lady and Brett Detar tests left, but you guys should also grab the Metavari tests because 1.) the songs are killer 2.) the jacket is awesome.  Also, the golden ticket variants for the Bad Rabbits 7"s are going fast!

5 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Thank you for this!  Was so excited to get a different version of the Stick Up Kids EP that I needed!  2 down, 2 to go.

That one is from my personal collection, my friend!  I kept one of each color and a "box set" for myself, but - for the sake of space - decided to just keep the box set.  Glad you were fast enough to score a variant that you needed!  Your collection has got to be getting close!

• 1 month later...

As we ramp up to the announcement of the TJT release, Brett Detar fans are going to want to be checking their email this afternoon...

MOM005_Cover_600.jpg

From the website:

Originally released back in 2010 and available exclusively through Brett's website, this one-time pressing of his debut solo album has been out of print for years. While not entirely back in print, we are excited to offer up the last remaining crumbs of the original pressing as a unique standalone variant.

We ordered 500 copies of the record initially, but - as many pressing plants do - we had a small amount of "extras" and we received 512 copies when all was said and done. The original pressing came with a cardboard slipcover with a screen printed bird on it and we began work on those long before the records finished pressing. Since we were numbering them out of 500, the extra twelve copies have been chilling in the MOMR office space.

That brings us to present day, where we took those last twelve copies and we gussied them up with a new slipcover that features alternative and beautiful artwork hand-drawn by Kris Johnsen and screen printed here at MOMR. These copies also come housed in the same original gatefold jacket that features reverse board printing, gold foil and custom embossing. If you haven't seen one of these, you don't know exactly how gorgeous they are! Each copy is numbered out of 12 and this is the absolute last chance to get your hands on a copy!

47 minutes ago, mindovermatter said:

As we ramp up to the announcement of the TJT release, Brett Detar fans are going to want to be checking their email this afternoon...

MOM005_Cover_600.jpg

From the website:

Originally released back in 2010 and available exclusively through Brett's website, this one-time pressing of his debut solo album has been out of print for years. While not entirely back in print, we are excited to offer up the last remaining crumbs of the original pressing as a unique standalone variant.

We ordered 500 copies of the record initially, but - as many pressing plants do - we had a small amount of "extras" and we received 512 copies when all was said and done. The original pressing came with a cardboard slipcover with a screen printed bird on it and we began work on those long before the records finished pressing. Since we were numbering them out of 500, the extra twelve copies have been chilling in the MOMR office space.

That brings us to present day, where we took those last twelve copies and we gussied them up with a new slipcover that features alternative and beautiful artwork hand-drawn by Kris Johnsen and screen printed here at MOMR. These copies also come housed in the same original gatefold jacket that features reverse board printing, gold foil and custom embossing. If you haven't seen one of these, you don't know exactly how gorgeous they are! Each copy is numbered out of 12 and this is the absolute last chance to get your hands on a copy!

Got one! Officially the highlight of my Friday :)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

Oh well. I'll support MOM either way, and Deadbeat was a good album. Just wish black were always an option.

Every spec of this was detailed by requests from the band, down to the colors of the vinyl. Black was an obvious color option, so it seemed that they deliberately shied away from it. 

However, if this pressing does well enough... ;-)

15 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

Every spec of this was detailed by requests from the band, down to the colors of the vinyl. Black was an obvious color option, so it seemed that they deliberately shied away from it. 

However, if this pressing does well enough... ;-)

kudos for working so closely with the band. Let's hope this first press does well! (I'm in)

• jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: duncan barlow - Colony Collapse 12" (very limited)
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue