Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue

1 hour ago, daegor said:

Hey man, I don't think you can get sued if you just send it to me for free.  Entirely unrelated, but I'll order you some takeout ;)

I would send you one and then it would just sit gently on the other side of the border until the apocalypse ends.  Haha!

51 minutes ago, mindovermatter said:

Ben's been there from the very beginning - he was one of the first people that I started to memorize their shipping addresses because I used to hand write all of my shipping labels!

Mad respect. MoM has always had a “personal touch” that no other label can contend with. Breeds fans for lyfe. 

• 6 months later...

Feels like a million years since last updated this thread!!! Wait no more!!!

We got a new release cooking up!!!!

==========================================

Bedroom Wounds - Kink

Bedroom Wounds is the pseudonym under which Kristian Ratliff explores a darker, more experimental side of his musical ventures. Perhaps most commonly known as the drummer for midwest emo outfit Our Lady, Kristian uses Bedroom Wounds to showcase that he has more musical chops than just being an amazing drummer by taking on the full songwriting process and being a captivating frontman. "Kink" is an album born out of pain and growth, and you can sense the darkness and despair, which never quite resolves throughout the album, leaving the listener waiting for a breather that doesn't come. 

Bedroom Wounds carries a lot of influence across the span of their first full length album and will resonate well with fans of Type O Negative, Bauhaus, Sisters Of Mercy and even contemporary acts such as Boy Harsher, Cold Cave and other electronic-driven or "goth" acts.

Kink has been pressed on three beautiful color variants, strictly limited to a total of 200 copies. They clock in at a minimum of 180g for all three versions, and the analog copies were expertly mastered for vinyl by Dave Eck at Lucky Lacquers.

Pressing Information
  • 15 Test Presses
  • 1 Clear
  • 51 Clear/Red/Black Tri-Color
  • 75 Clear w/ Black & Red Splatter
  • 77 Red w/ Black Swirl\

Pre-Save Spotify/Apple Music:  https://orcd.co/bedroomwounds-kink

• 2 months later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: ????????

Here's some of the stuff that we have in the pipeline...depending on how things go, dates may change. 

Bad Rabbits “Stick Up Kids” - Friday 2/12

Damien Done “To Night” 2x7” in March
Duncan Barlow “Colony Collapse” March/April

We have some more releases projected out after April/May...but waiting on those to start moving before posting about them. 

3 hours ago, stl_ben said:

More copies..... I have all the original pressing outside of the TP, and both anniversary versions...but may be time to throw in the towel on getting more additional pressings.

Sorry to do this to ya!  It’s been OOP for sooooo long and so many people have been missing out. I’m so happy the band is finally ready for a repress and we can get it back in print. 

My hope is to keep it in print going forward, so if you’re in it for the long haul, prepare for several more variants!

Side note:  this new pressing (which includes the “live show” versions from last year) have a brand new vinyl master. I think they sound better than the OG!

Oh snap! 

Ok I'll get another if its a new master/ additional material!  Just trying to move my collection slowly away from 20 variants of the same music (but this has new music!)  And I'm all for keeping it in press for everyone to have a shot at it.

But also....when you releasing that cover EP they just released digitally!

Edited by stl_ben

Just now, stl_ben said:

Oh snap! 

Ok I'll get another if its a new master/ additional material!  Just trying to move my collection slowly away from 20 variants of the same music (but this has new music!)

But also....when you releasing that cover EP they just released digitally!

I hope to one day do the covers EP and Dusted!  They’ve been lower priority over new music and SUK, though. 

To clarify in case I made it confusing earlier: the track listing for SUK is the same as the OG pressing, the only difference is the artwork, the variants and the vinyl master. 

The vinyl master is the same as the versions that we sold in Boston and LA (because these are all part of this new, second pressing), there aren’t any new tunes or live tunes on this EP.  Yes, if you’re doing the math, we have indeed been sitting on these records for more than a year now. Haha

Sorry if I fumbled that one!

• jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: duncan barlow - Colony Collapse 12" (very limited)
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue