Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue

Anyone who has ordered from me in the past knows that I always hold onto a few copies in case of USPS shenanigans. If anything doesn’t need replacing, there will be a very VERY few copies left over that will go up later. 

just gotta let the dust settle and let people get their records first. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: Sorry...All SOLD OUT

Just updating that all non-box set orders have shipped!  The USPS is still fucked, however, so exercise patience. 

For the box sets, I’m just waiting on the shirts. I only ordered the sizes/quantities to fulfill the box set orders, and once they’re printed I will assemble, pack and ship!

• 3 weeks later...
My Saturday night is consisting on listening to a bunch of remixes/remasters of an album from a dear friend whose band(s) I've always loved and been a fan of for 30+ years now.

We're working to reissue one of their groundbreaking records that has shaped and impacted my life. Never in a lifetime would I have thought or expected to be in this place. I'm incredibly humbled and thankful.

It's like, WOAH!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: New Release PO Tomorrow 3/26

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

The debut LP from duncan barlow is here!

Originally slated for release via a different record label back in 2019, we were tapped to revive this record and with some additional elbow grease, we are thrilled beyond belief to bring this record to the world here in 2021!  Honestly, after the last year that we've endured, the sorrow and sadness (and hints of optimism) that resound through this record couldn't be more relatable.

You might know duncan from his work in Guilt, Endpoint, By The Grace Of God, or maybe you've had the privilege of reading any of his literary works or you know the power of his songwriting skills under his legal moniker via the 7" we released a couple years ago.  Regardless of your introduction, this will open new doors for you!

If you click to pre-save the digital version, the debut track Le Seul Amour is streaming now, and you can also preview this track on our website alongside the vinyl preorder.  These records will ship on or around April 9th!

Pressing Info:
  • 50 x Black
  • 50 x White w/ Orange & Blue Splatter
  • 100 x Transparent Blue w/ White "Outer Splatter"

Duncan Barlow | Colony Collapse (mindovermatterrecords.com)

Music video for "Le Seul Amour", shot by Alisa Kuzmina:

• 1 month later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: duncan barlow - Colony Collapse 12" (very limited)

Sooooo...Brooklyn Vegan were supposed to premiere the video for Duncan Barlow's "Love Me The Way You Do"...instead they buried it in their daily new songs feature. Very lame of BV. 

So here's the video for all to enjoy. And hopefully you've picked up the Colony Collapse record. It's a beatiful record. 

Duncan Barlow - Love Me The Way You Do (Official Video) on Vimeo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 30 x Transparent Yellow w/ Black Blob (Special Edition, comes with a screen printed slip cover)
  • 80 x Transparent Grey w/ Black & Yellow Swirl
  • 90 x Transparent Yellow/Orange/White Tri-Color

Dead Rose is the debut full length album from Brooklyn's The Twin. This first pressing is limited to only 200 copies spread across three different variants. The Special Edition w/ the Blob variant will come housed in a custom, screen printed slip cover and be hand numbered. All jackets have an incredible letterpressed design overlaying the rest of the artwork for a beautiful look and feel!

The Twin | Dead Rose (mindovermatterrecords.com)

• 2 weeks later...

PO up now for 27 - A Billion Searchlights

No photo description available.

The year was 2018, and we had just convinced the almighty and formidable 27 to partake in our first ever Seven Inch Of The Month Club, and they kicked off the entire series with a brand new tune titled Innocent Lovers. Along with this song came the news that the band were working on a new batch of songs that would become their first proper album since 2010's Brittle Divinity. While we were elated to work with them on a new single, imagine our joy when they asked if we wanted to take on this new full length as well! Of course, we did not hesitate.

A Billion Searchlights is the first 27 full length album to include Maria's sister Terri Christoper (Vardlokk, Dusty Skull, Phantom Glue) on drums, as well as Adam McGrath (Cave In, Wear Your Wounds, Nomad Stones) on guitar. In addition, the opening track Arms Of A Mother (Keep Going) features performances and production from Alex Rose a.k.a. Nightblind (Minus The Bear), who even lent a hand to the updated version of Innocent Lovers that you’ll hear on this LP. The artwork has another Minus The Bearconnection, as it was intricately hand painted by the colorful Cory Murchy.

A Billion Searchlights was written and recorded over a handful of years, and was wrapped up in early 2020. However, the timing felt all wrong for an album with as much to celebrate as this one, so we held off for brighter days! Now that it feels like the sun is rising once more, we can put our searchlights away and find the strength to Keep Going.

The vinyl features some of the most intricate patterns we've done to date, all tying back to art or lyrical themes. The "Searchlight" variant will be exclusive to the MOMR store and not available through any stores or distros.

Pressing Information

• 15 Test Presses
  • 1 Clear w/ White Swirl
  • 1 Opaque Dark Blue w/ White Splatter
  • 7 Off-Center 'Searchlight' (Friends & Family Only)
  • 94 'Searchlight' Variant - Opaque Dark Blue w/ Single White Splatter
  • 95 'Deep Ocean Eyes' Variant - Transparent Teal w/ White Swirl
  • 100 'Keep Going' Rainbow Splatter

27 | A Billion Searchlights (mindovermatterrecords.com)

• 2 weeks later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: 27 - A Billion Searchlights 12" LP
13 hours ago, fartsandwich said:

In for a searchlight variant. Any idea if anyone will repress brighter days? The original run had glitter in it and that thing is anything but quiet

Thank you!!!

No plans to do a Brighter Days repress any time soon that I know of. But I am sure that can happen...we'd just have to ask Marcus over at Endless Quest who did the original. I'm sure he'd be down for it. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: July 4th BOGO Sale!!!

No photo description available.

We need space and you need records.

From right now until midnight on July 4th, our entire store is Buy One Get One Free! No fancy codes, no restrictions. Just include a note or send a separate email with what record you want for free, and we will throw it in the box!

We have about 12 different projects in the pipeline and records are starting to show up…but we’ve got nowhere to put them! Please help!

The free record just has to be equal or lesser value than the one you pay for. Don’t forget to include a note with your PayPal order! 

• jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: SPITFIRE - Cult Fiction 2xLP + T-Shirt
3cd60a15-5ea4-ab8a-706a-cf2087b4bf46.jpg

Spitfire "Cult Fiction" 2xLP - Preorder Now!

We cannot stress enough how excited we are to be working with the band to bring this vinyl reissue into the world!  We've painstakingly recreated as much of the look and feel of the original CD release while ensuring that the vinyl version takes you on the same journey that you went on in 2008 when listening to this album for the first time.

The gatefold jacket was printed on heavy duty reverse board stock for the same matte feel as the CD version, and the alternate artwork & insert design was created by Dan Tulloh (bass) in partnership with MOMR and the rest of the band.  We also created a deluxe edition that comes with a custom screen printed slip case and an alternate variant that is limited to only 30 copies.  Each one is hand numbered and also comes with a slipmat featuring the iconic "snarling wolf" design from the back cover.

There are a small number of slipmats available for sale separately as well as a BRAND NEW shirt design!  The deluxe edition, slipmat and tees are not available on the Bandcamp site due to such limited inventory, so if you're interested in those, please make sure to visit our official webstore first and foremost.

Pressing Info:
  • 15 Test Presses
  • 30 Black w/ Red Blob, Custom Screen Printed Slipcase, Numbered
  • 99 Transparent Red w/ Black Swirl
  • 99 Clear w/ Black "Chunk"
  • 100 White w/ Black Swirl

4fc3151b-8b22-2c65-1c89-afe5aa4b814a.jpg

d562dd3e-c383-de8a-6d98-f24d19aee2f5.jpg

• jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue