Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue

7 hours ago, gazzo said:

my European pressing came in from Damien Done's record and just wanted to say it is such a great record that everyone should listen too

Happy to hear that you received it and like it.

Are you going to Ieperfest? He will be performing there.

MOM040_Cover.jpg

Bad Rabbits - Mimi LP is up now officially for PO.

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM040

Selling quick since the mailing list pre-sale. Act quick.

Pressing Information
  • 15 Test Pressings
  • 100 Opaque Pink (Mind Over Matter Records Exclusive Color)
  • 100 Opaque Purple (Bad Rabbits Exclusive Color)
  • 100 Opaque Yellow

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Were there any TPs for sale publicly that I missed while sleeping?

I'm guessing no, just checking in case .

No.

TP's are rarely on sale publicly. Maybe once or twice a year when need be to clear out room. And oftentimes we throw in a TP in someone's order as a surprise.

38 minutes ago, jhulud said:

No.

TP's are rarely on sale publicly. Maybe once or twice a year when need be to clear out room. And oftentimes we throw in a TP in someone's order as a surprise.

That's what I figured.  Just checking.  Lucky to have most of the BR TPs so far outside of that pesky 10"!

Going to have to update this photo soon I guess.

Edited by stl_ben

• 2 weeks later...

4762ed80-ee20-4621-b2bc-693d19dfd848.jpg

Metavari / Makeup And Vanity Set Split 7" Now Available!

It's been a total accident, but we were able to continue our tradition of releasing an EP from our good friends in Metavari each year by having them take part in our inaugural Seven Inch Of The Month Club!  They partnered up with the legendary electronic artist known as Makeup And Vanity Set for a split EP, and the end results are unfathomably good.

Both artists worked together during the writing and recording process to try to align this release thematically and sonically - bringing in a strong industrial influence alongside their modern synth and retro-electronic sound.  Both of these tracks are also congruent in their stances on the current political climate of our country. While the Metavari half uses gorgeous, haunting vocals in a metaphor about injustice, Makeup And Vanity Set takes a sharp stance on gun control through a poignant sound bite placed perfectly in the midst of the KMFDM-like sonic pummeling.

Our friends at Nuvo are being kind enough to premiere the music video for Metavari's contribution, a song titled How Much Darker.  You can find that video and interview right here.

As for the vinyl, here are the details:

• This is the June installment of our Seven Inch Of The Month Club (not a typo. oops!)
  • Total pressing limited to only 200 copies, spread across 4 different variants 
  • 1 x Solid Opaque Orange
  • 50 x Clear w/ Black & White Marbling (Subscription Exclusive Variant)
  • 74 x Opaque Orange w/ White Splatter
  • 75 x Blue w/ Black Swirl

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM047

• 3 weeks later...

Up now in the store: ZAO / YASHIRA Split 7"

MOM051_GreenMock.png

MOM051_GreyMock.png

MOM051_RedMock.png

MOM051_BlueMock.png

MOM051_MarbleMock.png

Talk about a doozy of a release.

Here we have the legendary Zao backed with their friends Yashira! These two played some shows together earlier in the year, and when presented with doing this split...it was a no-brainer!

The Zao contribution is a straight-forward banger. It's a touch over 3 minutes and it hits all of the major marks that we've come to want/desire from the band: Dan's tortured and visceral screams with a touch of Scott's singing vocals behind it and a pummeling rhythm section behind it all. It's a bruiser, for sure.

If you aren't familiar with Yashira yet, this new track is a great introduction, as these guys do an effortless blend of post-metal and doom and this track fits in perfectly after their release of Shrine earlier this year on Good Fight Music. It's atmospheric and haunting, all while maintaining some serious heaviness to it.

Pressing Information

http://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM051

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey friends!

if you missed it on social media, I made a last minute move from LA to Chicago last month and that huge move slowed things down a bit for us, so I’m fighting to get caught back up. 

• Downloads:  I’ll dig in and send another email shortly for subscribers to get everyone caught up!

• Mimi - lacquers are done, tests approved, just waiting on final pressing copies. This plant is a little backed up, so hopefully this delay isn’t too intense. 

• Zao/Yashira split - lacquers are done, tests are approved, and the plant is hustling this through for us. Shouldn’t be too much longer at all!

The next few sub 7”s (as well as the very late usLights 7”) are deep in manufacturing as well, so we are going to have a very busy end of the year!

Just now, mindovermatter said:

Hey friends!

if you missed it on social media, I made a last minute move from LA to Chicago last month and that huge move slowed things down a bit for us, so I’m fighting to get caught back up. 

• Downloads:  I’ll dig in and send another email shortly for subscribers to get everyone caught up!

• Mimi - lacquers are done, tests approved, just waiting on final pressing copies. This plant is a little backed up, so hopefully this delay isn’t too intense. 

• Zao/Yashira split - lacquers are done, tests are approved, and the plant is hustling this through for us. Shouldn’t be too much longer at all!

The next few sub 7”s (as well as the very late usLights 7”) are deep in manufacturing as well, so we are going to have a very busy end of the year!

Damn! Yeah that'd definitely slow things up.  Good luck getting everything back together!

Looking forward to those downloads.

1 hour ago, mindovermatter said:

Hey friends!

Thanks for the updates!!

• 1 month later...

Have a very merry early Xmas gift. My great friend Duncan Barlow of Endpoint / By the Grace of God / D.Biddle / So many more fame, has been gracious to offer up some new tunes to our Mind Over Matter Records 7” singles series. So before the physical 7” are available...here are the tunes. Free “pay whatchu want” (until Xmas day 11:59pm) for your listening pleasure. 

Trust me when I tell y’all...it’s great music for this holiday season.

https://mindovermatterrecords.bandcamp.com/album/nietzchean-holiday-b-w-home-to-you

• jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: duncan barlow - Colony Collapse 12" (very limited)
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue