Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, IanRees said:

From Facebook yesterday:

Mind Over Matter Records Hey Ben! I’ve owed an update for a bit and I own that. I didn’t have anything definitive to share until recently, but as soon as I get these Zao records out of my house, i can get back to business as usual. I’m sure you’ve noticed that I’ve been quiet across all fronts - I’m not being dodgy, just trying to focus my energy on getting records out now that they’ve actually arrived!

That being said, more to come!

Update! Update! Uodate! Posted by Austin on FB. 

ALRIGHT!  Let’s get some updates, shall we?

By now, everyone should have their Zao records along with their usLights 7”s.  If you haven’t, please let me know!

• usLights: there haven’t been any download codes given out because the band is working on re-mastering them for the digital side of things. For the first time in history, the vinyl is ready first. Ha!  Once the digital files are 100%, I’ll send you all DL codes and put that record up for sale to the general public. In the meantime, you’re the only ones outside of myself and the band to hear these new songs!

• The Skulx & Not Waving But Drowning: the test pressings have been approved, but I’m just keeping my mouth shut until they’re in my hands. These long POs took a toll on me, with having to field constant emails, social media posts etc so I just need to get back to what we used to do:  no one knows about the record until it’s in my hands!  Of course, I will send out the sub copies as soon as they’re done, so expect your copies before the word goes out. 

• Duncan Barlow: he got me the audio right before Xmas, so this one is still a ways off...but it’s underway nonetheless. More details on this as it’s available!

• Because of how awesome you all have been, I’m going to extend the 2018 discount code through 2019. Thanks for believing in this project and trusting me!

Not Sub Series related, but relevant to a few of you:

• Bad Rabbits: these are nearly done. I approved tests a few weeks back and I’m told that we are nearing the end. Just waiting on the plant to get a little more violet colored pellets to finish up the purple variants. Woo!

• PACK 7”:  tests are also approved for this one. It’s great. You’ll all love it. Ha!  I’m hoping to set this one up in the middle of The Skulx and NWBD.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, cantdance said:

I'm going to guess if I never got Mimi it's never coming, right?

Jesus. A 10 month wait. That was worse than I even thought. I guess it's possible they still haven't all been sent out but I'm not holding my breath. 

The wait was terrible on this release, but I will 100% make sure you get your order. Just send me an email. I have a *very* small stack of orders that are pending shipment and if yours is in there, I can let you know. If yours isn’t in there, I can figure out what’s happening and still get you squared away. 

[email protected]

Never again will i do a preorder thanks to how poorly this went down. Lesson learned. 

That said, this NWBD 7” is in hand and also shipping immediately!

Edited by mindovermatter

7 minutes ago, cantdance said:

Hey, thanks! I sent you an email lemme know if you received it. 

Sorry if it sounded like like I was blaming you - I was just slightly frustrated. I know that pressings get delayed and it’s out of your control.

Thanks for the quick response!

I share in that frustration.  In the 10 years I’ve been doing this, I’ve never had anything like this happen. It feels terrible. I have always tried to wait until the records are in hand to even announce that they are coming out, but we took a different approach and it bit me in the ass. 

However, despite the headache, the records sound KILLER and the artwork/layout/insert is very unique and awfully fun. I’m happy with the end result and I hope everyone else will feel the same!

MOM054_Cover.jpg

We are pleased to wrap up our 7 inch vinyl series with the prolific Duncan Barlow! Duncan is known for his time in Endpoint and By The Grace Of God, but these new songs explore a softer side of the emotive music he's known for. These songs are perfect for those who don't always find something to celebrate around the holidays, or for those who might feel a little bit alienated by all of the "holiday spirit."

Duncan also has a full length solo LP titled Colony Collapse, and these two songs were written and recorded just ahead of his long player, specifically designed to be the endcap to our series and also contribute a unique take on the time-weathered tradition of holiday music.

https://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM054

• 1 month later...

MOM061_YellowMock.jpg

Damien Done

Baby, Don't Hearse Me 11"

These are love songs for the rest of us.

Damien Done is back with three new tantalizing tracks which take us on a rocky trip through desire, the challenges of keeping promises, attempting to be the ideal lover, seeking affection, and even black market organ theft.

Picking up right where Charm Offensive left off, these new songs are upbeat rockers that follow a similar vein of thought. It's dark, haunting, and somehow catchy as hell despite the creepy undertones of the songs. These three songs pack a punch and there is no filler to be found on this quick romp of an EP.

This is a one-time-only pressing of only 200 copies. These three songs span the a-side of the record while the b-side was preserved for a screen printed design. It's an odd-sized record, so every component of this release is custom, including the screen printed insert and the amazing album art layout. This is sure to be a standout piece in your collection!

https://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM061

• 3 months later...

No photo description available.

We’ve created some 7” mystery boxes for those of you who like to live your life on the edge!

We’ve put together only 20 of these and each one comes with some extra goodies: 3 of them contain test pressings (with hand-made alternate artwork), several of them contain rare or OOP variants and each one of them contains a coupon code for a future purchase that ranges from 10-50%!

These are already packed up and sealed, so These are truly a mystery...even to us. Go wild!

https://www.mindovermatterrecords.com/MOM999

17 minutes ago, booms528 said:

Grabbed one of those... fingers crossed for Bad Rabbits, but not holding my breath.

I did actually put a Bad Rabbits 7" in one of them!  I don't have any left of the American Love or Mimi singles, so it was slim pickin's

Fun fact:  I do have a completely unreleased Bad Rabbits 7" lathe cut featuring a song that I am legally not allowed to sell because of song clearance issues.  Part of the whole Mimi delay fiasco.  Anyhow, I allllllmost stuck one of those in these mystery boxes...but I don't want to get sued either.

3 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

Fun fact:  I do have a completely unreleased Bad Rabbits 7" lathe cut featuring a song that I am legally not allowed to sell because of song clearance issues.  Part of the whole Mimi delay fiasco.  Anyhow, I allllllmost stuck one of those in these mystery boxes...but I don't want to get sued either.

Hey man, I don't think you can get sued if you just send it to me for free.  Entirely unrelated, but I'll order you some takeout ;)

• jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: duncan barlow - Colony Collapse 12" (very limited)
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue