Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue

Sunndrug is really really really awesome. Can't wait to spend all my money on this. 

And to our overseas friends hurting over shipping costs, i would be more than happy to help if i could save you some money, but looks like it would be pretty much the same, at least for Belgium:( sorry. I tried. 

30 minutes ago, mindovermatter said:

Dude, that package weighs more than 3 standard LPs.  Even at $25, I lost money shipping to most places around the globe.  :-(  We keep it as low as humanly possible!  It might not look like it in photos, but I assure you that the entire kit and caboodle is monstrous - hence the high shipping costs. 

In fact, it weighs so much that group buys make it worse.  Ha!  I had a couple people go in and place one order and shipping jumped to almost $52.  I only charged them $40 and then I had to pay for the mailer, packing supplies etc.  They won that round! 

i know i know :) And i'm not blaming you guys.  It was just a bummer, but an understandable bummer.  Keep up the good work ,and when payday comes ,who knows 

15 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

All great questions!

• 50 Black (with special die-cut slipcover, hand numbered), 150 clear w/ black smoke, 100 each of all of the other colors
  • Black is not 180g, but we are pressing these at Rainbo and they tend to run heavier than 150g (ask anyone with a Harkonen/TAAS split)
  • This will be available through every major digital outlet and is currently available for preorder through iTunes if that's your bag

Hey thanks for answering my questions!

definitely will be trying to get one of those special slip covers. 

Is is there an estimated time as to when they might go up on Friday?

7 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

I saw it said on Friday. But then they got to taLking about an email, then started talking about the preorder again. It just confused me. 

We always send out preorders to folks on the mailing list first.  If you hadn't signed up before noon today, you didn't get the email.  

That being said, send me your email address in a PM and I'll forward you the email.

1 hour ago, mindovermatter said:

We always send out preorders to folks on the mailing list first.  If you hadn't signed up before noon today, you didn't get the email.  

That being said, send me your email address in a PM and I'll forward you the email.

That would be great. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I will do a more formal vinyl update when I get back from Virginia Beach, but here is the short version:

I had to literally show up at the pressing plant and bully them for some copies on Wednesday night so that I could bring them to the album releases shows in DC and VB this weekend. They aren't done pressing them all yet, but I have the black variant and the clear w/ black smoke variant in my hands. I'm still making the slip covers for the black copies, but I will begin shipping whatever orders I can on Monday!  The rest shouldn't be too far out. 

Got a email from MOM with New pressing info, had to grab a grey

NEW PRESSING INFO
As sometimes is the case, when you order a certain amount of records, the pressing plant either produces a few too many or a few less.  Sometimes - rarely - they miss the mark entirely.  The latter happened to us with one particular variant, and the updated pressing info looks like this:

65 x Black (this is housed inside of a hand-made slipcover and hand-numbered)
155 x Clear w/ Black Smoke
110 x Opaque Yellow
33 x Opaque Gray
113 x Transparent Gold w/ Black Smoke

You might notice that the gray variant is looking a little lean.  Because this variant instantly became the rarest of the colors, we are going to make it a little bit cooler...which brings us to the next topic:

BONUS SLIPCOVERS
The black variant was already going to get a hand-numbered, die-cut, super fancy slip cover and those are still happening!  However, we are also going to do the same thing for the gray variant.  Those who have ordered the gray variant will receive this upgrade free of charge.  Bonus!  

The pre-existing orders for the black variant will see a slight shipping delay, as we are still finishing up those slipcovers, though that delay shouldn't last more than a few days from right now.  Speaking of shipping...

SHIPPING DETAILS
Now that we have all records in hand, we are going to start shipping immediately!  Many of you should see shipping labels being printed for your orders in the next 24 hours.  As always, the shipping process is done by just one person (me!), so bear with me.  I will work swiftly and efficiently.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: duncan barlow - Colony Collapse 12" (very limited)
  • jhulud changed the title to Mind Over Matter Records Releases Hype Machine Thread - RIGHT NOW: GUILT - Bardstown Ugly Box 12" + 7" Reissue