The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

I think they deserve their own thread at this point. They are not going anywhere and are giving us great record of the months and some awesome exclusives. If there is already one. i am an idiot.

banner.jpg

Vinyl Me, Please is a record of the month club. The best damn record club, in fact. Our goal is to be the greatest music company ever, and to make your life even more awesome than it already is. We do this by not only sending you great music, but by also offering an amazing experience every month.

We believe in the power of the album as an art form. Music is meant to be listened to and connected with. An album isn’t something you simply own, it’s a part of you. We offer a full sensory experience that encourages you to deeply connect with the music you’re listening to. Vinyl is a tangible representation of the music you love, and encourages an environment where you can listen actively and deeply.

We are not a replacement for your local record store. We want you to enjoy vinyl, in all its aspects. A big part of being a vinyl listener is your local record store. Go there, talk to the people behind the counter, meet new friends. We do it on a weekly basis…it’s amazing!

Our team consists of a host of music and vinyl enthusiasts, all committed to making sure your experience is the best that it can be.

Check out our archive, see how it works, and request an invite.

Don't sleep on the Forest Swords exclusive, it's an awesome album and almost sold out. 

i bought the subscription to grab the DIIV exclusive. then they charged me the subscription fee again like 10 days later. it was kinda lame.

The recurring charge always happens on/around the 2nd of the month, 

I signed up for the crate a few months back. I hadn't bought anything to this point because the things I wanted seemed to exhibit some staying power within the store so far. Broke down and bought a copy of Spectres - Dying, really into that album for some reason and the free shipping sealed the deal. Impressed with what I have seen them offer so far, glad to see someone start a thread.

A few store Exclusives:

Quilt - Plaza [Red /500]

CcKNFKXUMAAhS6g.jpg

Suuns - Hold/Still [White /600]

sc329.vmp-mockup-1.jpg

Ladada - Hi Five [/500]

lalada.jpg

Sia - Colour The Small One [VMP Exclusive /700 Grey]

sia.jpg

Spectres - Dying [Red /300]

12797620_1766055903614909_1865641623_n.j

Forest Swords - Engravings [Gold/Black Swirl /500]

10369409_458563170999295_786977783_n.jpg

Explosions In The Sky - Wilderness [Clear /1000]

12328239_222535018101139_841081596_n.jpg

There's more, but I got tired lol. I'll add them later.

I like some of their exclusives and I like the option of buying only the things I want using that $6/mo crate membership. I just don't feel I need another place tempting me to spend $25+ for variants of new releases. At least with Newbury ones I don't have to pay a membership. I don't know. I just spend too much as it is, but I'm keeping an eye out for anything truly must-have and then maybe I'll sign up.

Based on what their website will let you see before you subscribe there's just not enough to get me to opt in. 

Would recommend Spectres - Dying to anyone who is looking for something to gamble on though, great album (I got the translucent grey when it first came out).

I like some of their exclusives and I like the option of buying only the things I want using that $6/mo crate membership. I just don't feel I need another place tempting me to spend $25+ for variants of new releases. At least with Newbury ones I don't have to pay a membership. I don't know. I just spend too much as it is, but I'm keeping an eye out for anything truly must-have and then maybe I'll sign up.

Based on what their website will let you see before you subscribe there's just not enough to get me to opt in. 

Would recommend Spectres - Dying to anyone who is looking for something to gamble on though, great album (I got the translucent grey when it first came out).

You have the option to jump on and off as you like. I jumped on for this months "National - Cherry Tree" but don't plan to get anything next month. It's pretty cool they give you that option. Plus you get free shipping when you buy more than 1 record, which makes up for the $6 IMO

You have the option to jump on and off as you like. I jumped on for this months "National - Cherry Tree" but don't plan to get anything next month. It's pretty cool they give you that option. Plus you get free shipping when you buy more than 1 record, which makes up for the $6 IMO

Does jumping on and off mean I can pay $6 one month, not pay anything for a few months, and then pay $6 again when I want something?