The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Oh totally. I was drawn for the Menomena and stayed around to see what was next. Then went to the Crate sub to see if there was anything else that cropped up... Just cancelled that as I haven't made a buy in months. 

It's nice that the Crate is an option now. Would totally re-sub for another release if they put one out i HAD to have.

...or just buy it from the store the next month. The AOTM are pressed in such high numbers now they are always available there. That's what I do if there was one I really wanted, which honestly hasn't happened since Menomena. And that was only so I didn't have to put wear on my og pressing.

...or just buy it from the store the next month. The AOTM are pressed in such high numbers now they are always available there. That's what I do if there was one I really wanted, which honestly hasn't happened since Menomena. And that was only so I didn't have to put wear on my og pressing.

On the nose. That's what I had meant. If I had another AOTM I wanted, I would just re-sub with at Crate-level.

Does anyone have a copy of the Cherry Tree reissue they'd be willing to part with? I missed out of it and would really like to get a copy. PM me, please!

So I'm taking it that The National "Cherry Tree" EP is out of stock then? I was getting ready to do the whole "Crate" thing to buy this, but if it is out, I'll wait.

Tis a good album for sure. I wouldn't mind one of those purple Sabbath albums either, I've yet to pick up any Sabbath vinyl but have been on the lookout each time I visit a shop. Hoping to find some older copies though.

You should just check out the new deluxe Sabbath reissues then. I'm not sure how much the VMP one is, but you can get a 180 gram black 2xLP with bonus tracks for like $30.

Pointless variations of albums that already exist. There are like 250 versions of Paranoid on discogs  Cool, a drink recipe, can't get those anywhere. Wow 150g vinyl. Why do they even call that out? How is this not a waste of money?

I saw an ad for this on facebook ,and thought this would've been the universal response here.

Because of the fact that you have to pay to "join".

Because of the fact that the variants are overpriced, imo.

I'm very frugal about my hobby purchases, so I may be the outlier here.

the $6 entry fee grants you unlimited free shipping tho.

and their prices are competitive, their EITS variant is priced a buck cheaper than the Newbury comics one. (their curated add-ons are usually at/under Amazon's price as well, for example they just had the Illinoise 10th anniversary cheaper than them)

they definitely aren't for the frugal though, haha I end up spending way more than I plan every month at their member store it's dangerous!  :P