The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Could get it for $17.  I'm pretty sure if you sign up with a referral code (I can get you one too :D) and you sign up for the monthly plan, the $10 comes off when you are charged for October's AOTM On October 2nd.  I referred a friend for Z and that's how his $10 came off.  

47 minutes ago, freedumb said:

Wonder if different color vinyl and no numbering will cut costs any, compared to the ridiculously priced bongload version?  No numbers should shave at least $10 off the total, rite? Those numbers are costly to mechanically have put into the sleeves and most people don't realize numbering accounts for at least 25% of vinyl production costs these days.  /s

There are still numbers on VMP exclusives lol

3 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

There are still numbers on VMP exclusives lol

Yes for exclusives, but they still don't provide pressing #'s for AOTM.

I've found the AOTM selections very underwhelming this year. I've only wanted 3 (upped to 4 if including Pinkerton for which I already have the 4xLP version)

1 minute ago, serotonein said:

Yes for exclusives, but they still don't provide pressing #'s for AOTM.

I've found the AOTM selections very underwhelming this year. I've only wanted 3 (upped to 4 if including Pinkerton for which I already have the 4xLP version)

Ah gotcha, I don't think I have any of the AOTM I figured it would be the same. Apologies.

1 minute ago, rds said:

4 out of 9 for a non-genre-specific vinyl club seems like a decent ratio.  I'm super picky with what I'll buy and I've signed up for 3 so far (Weezer, MMJ and Beck).

It'll be out of 10 now, since I don't want Beck ;)

I'm on Crate and I've picked up the Big Bill Broonzy, Wells Fargo, and BadBadNotGood for this year so far. I ended up with 7 from last year's selections.

38 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Anyone want to refer me so I can get a $10? Please and thank you

msg me your email

*edit - never mind. to share an invite their site says to use the widget on a certain page. only there is no god damn widget.

Edited by noone
user error

4 hours ago, slipcraig said:

Possibly Bon Iver?

That was my first thought as well, but one of their staff said late yesterday "It's a band you guys have never heard of. It's humbling because we're the only ones telling the remarkable and tragic story of this band. We announce it tomorrow Afternoon time tba".

Edited by ksuwdboots

1 hour ago, Shlebs said:

I'll always hope all mystery announcements this year involve The Wrens. Nobody has heard of them, they seem up VMPs alley, and they've got their first album in 13 years about to release and we know one of the singers has cancer now. 

OH, MAN--if it's the Wrens, I'm scoring multiple copies. I saw them 13(!) years ago in Seattle when they were touring "The Meadowlands," and it was a transformative experience. They were so nice and signed all of my stuff, including the handmade copy of "The Meadowlands" I had. As soon as they hit the stage, they became something altogether amazing. One of the best shows I've ever seen.  

1 hour ago, slipcraig said:

OH, MAN--if it's the Wrens, I'm scoring multiple copies. I saw them 13(!) years ago in Seattle when they were touring "The Meadowlands," and it was a transformative experience. They were so nice and signed all of my stuff, including the handmade copy of "The Meadowlands" I had. As soon as they hit the stage, they became something altogether amazing. One of the best shows I've ever seen.  

I'm so jealous. The Meadowlands is top 5 all time for me, I haven't been this hyped for a record ever. The more I think about it the more I think this could be it so here's to hoping.