The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Just now, lethalenforcer said:

I beat braind's PM by a few minutes, but feel free to flip a coin!

16 minutes ago, tackman said:

I'm interested in joining, so if anyone wants to hit me with a code, I'd use it.

I sent one as well. The coin option now progressed into folded-note-in-bucket, but do as you like.

32 minutes ago, aaalethalenforcer said:

I support this.

On a quick break at work, but if I had more time I'd dig up a GIF to commemorate that kind of commitment.  Damn.

[edit]

Actually just kidding.

>mfw

giphy.gif

Edited by Derek™

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

I signed up for VMP just for Panda Bear last month, Unsubscribed just a few days later, and I still got the Main Source record in the mail today. I double checked my bank account and I was only charged the one time, has this happend to anyine else before? 

Not to me but I've heard of it before.  They will just tell you to keep it.

I won a 3 month subscription to this a while back through an online contest. The contest suggested I'd get Beck - Odelay as the first album and I never got it (my 3 months started with the next ROTM). I reached out to them and they asked if I wanted a copy. Obviously said yes. They sent me one without question and didn't charge for it. 

Definitely helped influence my decision to sign up for a year after the promo ran out. Great customer service and product. 

Edited by MD82

Heads up. The newest member exclusives are going live now with Wagon Christ, Pete Rock, Taj Mahal, Fire Walk With Me, King Gizzard, Temples and Unicorns all proving rather popular so far. Already snagged mine but if anyone wants a referral link (you get a $10 coupon, I get a $10 coupon), hmu.

Edited by The Taint Tickler

1 hour ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Heads up. The newest member exclusives are going live now with Wagon Christ, Pete Rock, Taj Mahal, Fire Walk With Me, King Gizzard, Temples and Unicorns all proving rather popular so far. Already snagged mine but if anyone wants a referral link (you get a $10 coupon, I get a $10 coupon), hmu.

I was gonna grab King Gizz but it sold out...jeez...

4 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I was gonna grab King Gizz but it sold out...jeez...

I never understood how/why the curated releases on VMP sell so fast. Is it because of the free shipping? Lower prices? The same variants are typically available in numerous other places for right around the same price.

Edited by lethalenforcer

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

I never understood how/why the curated releases on VMP sell so fast. Is it because of the free shipping? Lower prices? The same variants are typically available in numerous other places for right around the same price.

Most of the time they are about the same price as elsewhere online so free shipping could be a bonus to some.   They had the Avalanches for $33 last month so that was cheaper than most other places online.  I think people just like to get a stack of records in their package each month.  I usually buy curated releases from them only if they are cheaper or if I discovered the band through them in some way (playlists, forums etc.)