The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Just now, timsimmons said:

Makes me wonder if it's gonna see a standard pressing around the same time as the new LP. 

From the VMP staff:

"We can't limit them in the future, but for now, yes, this is the only plans for a pressing of Demon Days. The band and label are worried about the new album"

1 minute ago, zerohacker said:

Signedd up for a month to get The National, and was hoping I'd be able to swap Demon Days for something else in the shp, but apparently the one month doesn't allow for that. So if someone wants a copy I'll sell them mine once it arrives. 

Sorry nobody gave you the heads up on that. Swaps are only for the 3-month or year subscriptions.

Realistically, you might as well keep it sealed up. If no further variants come out, you'll have one of two of the only official pressings and a little piece of history to talk about.

Hot damn! I signed back up! If anyone has a code, lemme know ;) (Assuming it will work since I have already used one the first time I signed up for Weezer all those months ago). 

Edit. Looks like since I used a code when I first made an account, it won't work for me. Thanks to those who PM'ed me!

Edited by PookdaddyG

1 minute ago, PookdaddyG said:

It's been a while since I used VMP, but is it possible for them to "sell out"?

I assume you're talking about the ROTM, not exclusives.  I don't believe it has happened but the staff kind of hinted that they might not have a whole lot of, if any extras of April's.  

Just now, ethereal said:

ah yes the slow transition into a referral code fuckfest

Like you didn't know it was going to happen if Demon Days was announced.  

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

I assume you're talking about the ROTM, not exclusives.  I don't believe it has happened but the staff kind of hinted that they might not have a whole lot of, if any extras of April's.  

Yup! Thanks. I figured this would cause a surge of people to subscribe/re-up their membership, and I was curious to know if that had ever been the case. To my knowledge they have never pressed something that has such a high demand for it. Granted, I'm sure they understood that demand for the record, and probably pressed with that in mind. 

Also available for referral codes and will be online but instead of "cluttering up the thread" I'll contribute to the discussion

The half speed remaster is gonna make this a must-have for fans who already have the original, so that was a smart move. Personally, I only like the middle of the album so I'm only a little excited about this lol.

Just now, DOMAN127 said:

Also available for referral codes and will be online but instead of "cluttering up the thread" I'll contribute to the discussion

The half speed remaster is gonna make this a must-have for fans who already have the original, so that was a smart move. Personally, I only like the middle of the album so I'm only a little excited about this lol.

Ironically, VMP ran a magazine article about why half-speed masters were potentially a really, really shitty idea. I just hope whatever mastering engineer they chose is on his A-game this time around.

Oh, and we could really, really stand to not have to sift through a million pages requesting or offering referral links. I know I've been guilty of it, too, but I'm sure a lot of people don't want to deal with multiple "me too" posts.