The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

8 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

When I click these links, it's still $29. Or does the $10 come later?

You won't actually be charged right way.   You won't really get charged until 4/2 so if you keep your credi on your account and don't use it in the store it will come off then.  

I think that I'm going to just buy one after the fact instead of signing up, as far as I can tell none of their releases have gained value so I'd rather buy a second hand one then pay the $29. And from what I'm hearing the $10 you get from the referral code you can only use in their store? (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Just now, Professor Finn said:

I think that I'm going to just buy one after the fact instead of signing up, as far as I can tell none of their releases have gained value so I'd rather buy a second hand one then pay the $29. And from what I'm hearing the $10 you get from the referral code you can only use in their store? (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

See my post above.  And the staff is already saying they expect to have to cap subscriptions on this one.  I'm not trying to push you I'm just saying don't be disapointed later.  

2 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

No, the referral is good for new accounts as well. 

1 minute ago, Professor Finn said:

Or towards your next sub cost. 

And while most releases in the past year you can pick up for cheaper on the aftermarket, VMP is making an effort to minimize their pressings and some will eventually sell out (see The Fugees as an example).

Just now, Canuckle said:

And while most releases in the past year you can pick up for cheaper on the aftermarket, VMP is making an effort to minimize their pressings and some will eventually sell out (see The Fugees as an example).

Yeah, that Fugees went much faster than I expected. Kinda hoped that it would have stuck around for the March store update, but oh well

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

See my post above.  And the staff is already saying they expect to have to cap subscriptions on this one.  I'm not trying to push you I'm just saying don't be disapointed later.  

Hmm, I really don't want to spend $30 right now. especially since there's a Mondo release dropping in a couple days...
Gah I don't have the money for everything coming out ;-;

4 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

I don't really plan to sub again and I don't think I'm really going to be interested in the stuff in their store (I could be wrong), so that's kinda where I'm at...

9 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

They're already saying on their message board this will sell out given the hype of this record and people signing up left and right.  Also someone on r/vinyl that claims to work for VMP  said this is an exclusive and won't be getting any other reissues for awhile. The Avalanches and Anderson Paak variants shot up in value and those are minuscule compared to an actual Demon Days pressing imo, I wouldn't risk it and suggest you sign up if you don't want to pay a ton.

the $10 credit can be used to reduce your membership also, so you'd only be paying $19 for the month. Just make sure you cancel before the new record is shipped or you'll be charged another month.

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Really?  Maybe it's new but when I signed up for MMJ back in August I signed up monthly and didn't get charged until the 2nd of the following month.  So I apologize if it's different now.  

yeah, they changed it after that. people were technically getting free store access for a couple weeks and then cancelling cuz they didn't want the AOTM.

side note, does anyone know when someone successfully uses your referral?

10 minutes ago, ethereal said:

the 1-month option charges immediately. 3+ month options charge on 4/2

I know when I first signed up last year I had to message them since at the time I only wanted the album of the month since it charged immediately but they were super cool and gladly took it off for me.

2 minutes ago, ethereal said:

yeah, they changed it after that. people were technically getting free store access for a couple weeks and then cancelling cuz they didn't want the AOTM.

You should get an email pretty quick (within an hour) saying that you had a referral.

4 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Ok, I didn't know that. 

You should get an email when someone uses your referral.  I've had a couple people say they used my link and don't see the $10 so I emailed VMP with their email addresses to check on it.