The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

6 minutes ago, ethereal said:

plz stay on the VMP forums

we actually know what we like here at VC, idk about you, but the last thing on my mind is blowing money on records blindly to establish my "taste"

I started here. Funny you guys are so quick to criticize them for their hive mentality, but it seems to be what you want here.

But that's cool. Doesn't change my mind any.

13 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I'm kind of shocked about the crazy response to a Gorillaz release to be honest. Not judging just taken aback. Especially if the demand is so big they're having to limit subscribers. I figured if ever there was going to be a release to do that it'd have been Pinkerton.

While I understand, this albums been outta print for a bit. Pinkerton, not so much.

1 minute ago, Reshiram454 said:

So I went for the 3 month, if next month's release is trash, how do I tell them I want something else, and what can I choose, cause I still need the Fugees and I could add the Four Tet or Beck in my collection.

There should be a link to select your swap in the announcement email you get or it can be done in the VMP Store. Still have a lot of good options in there; wouldn't mind that Black Sabbath or BBNG.

18 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

While I understand, this albums been outta print for a bit. Pinkerton, not so much.

You're  probably dead on. I just never really imagined they'd have a big enough fanbase to get VMP to close their doors to new subs, especially with them being out of the game for as long as they have been. Still if yall are getting something on your white whale list for a semi reasonable price and in a pretty colour to boot more power to ya.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

4 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

So I went for the 3 month, if next month's release is trash, how do I tell them I want something else, and what can I choose, cause I still need the Fugees and I could add the Four Tet or Beck in my collection.

They have about 35 releases in the current swap choices so it is a decent amount. I actually wanted the Main Source album which was not on the list so I messaged them and they let me choose that instead. I joined for 3 months as well, I think I can come out happy every month at that length but anything longer and I think it would start becoming slim pickings for sure.

1 minute ago, hype said:

Sit down and breathe Derek, if you want a referral just ask! Check the sig : 3

It's just obnoxious to witness the perpetual stream of unabashed self-whoring for $10.  Everyone should take a note from you and throw their referrals in a signature and be done with it. The last 5 pages are basically the same post, ad nauseum.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

It's just obnoxious to witness the perpetual stream of unabashed self-whoring for $10.  Everyone should take a note from you and throw their referrals in a signature and be done with it. The last 5 pages are basically the same post, ad nauseum.

I agree, I was annoyed at first too and finally just said fuck it. It should be done by tonight at least though.